AVIC411.com

4100NEX Sound Settings question

I just installed the 4100 and it is an awesome unit.  I planned on adding a subwoofer to my system but gave up due to the difficulty in getting the power wire through the firewall from the engine bay to the inside of the car in my Buick Century.  There are new Pioneer 6x9s in the rear deck with the hopes that they will provide decent bass.  My question is whether there is a way to have bass primarliy come from the 6x9s and then the highs and mids primarily from the components in the front?  Are there settings that would help?  Thanks in advance!  

What you are asking for cannot be done with any settings on your head unit because you can only apply high pass filters to the speakers. Pioneer used to have a feature called Direct Sub Drive, where you could run your rear speakers as "subwoofers". 

The best thing would be to figure out how to pass the power cable through your firewall for a proper amp/subwoofer setup.

But if you want make your rear 6x9s play only bass, then you can wire in something like these:

http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-80-hz-low-pass-4-ohm-crossover--266-440

If you are looking for the kind of bass a sub woofer gives you then 6x9s aren't going to do it.  Aftermarket interior speakers are generally designed to give you a clearer mids and highs.  They are usually made with a "component" set up in mind.  Interiors give you your vocals/instrumentals and the sub woofer gives you your bass.  To get the best sound possible, upgrade your interior speakers and get a sub woofer to fill in the bass your interiors can not play. if you cant get through your firewall then just have it professionally done.

Got a mechanic friend to run some 8 gauge power wire through the firewall for a six pack.  I'll install a kicker comp 10 with 250w mono amp this weekend.  Here's what I'm considering for my sound setup. Things may change once I hear it though.  I have Pioneer Components (5.25 woofer and 3/4 inch tweeter) in front, 6x9s in rear deck and now adding the sub.  The sub has a built-in crossover at 80hz so I'm going to leave the LPF off and go 120hz hpf on the components and 100 hz on the 6x9s.  I'm hoping these settings will optimize each part of my system.  I guess I can also lower the bass frequencies on the EQ.  

Sub installed!  It sounds so much better.  Crossed over the components  in the fromt t 125ghz with a 12db slope and the rear 6x9s at 100ghz with a 12db slope.  The sub amp has a built in crossover so I left it off on the HU. 

Man, a sub makes all the difference. Glad you got your system tweaked.