AVIC411.com

Repairing NEX due to software error (TimeLog)

Had to send mine in earlier this year. It took 2.5 months before I got another unit. They ended up saying the part they needed to fix mine was on back order. They " said " They I would get an " Open Box " Item to replace mine. The one they sent me has worked fine so far. ( have had it for 4 months )

What did you send it in for?

What did you send it in for?

When I tried to do the very first software update too it got stuff at the black upgrade screen. 1.01 > 1.01 is what it would say. could not get past it. even tried a new sd card at the time with the software dd' to the new card. that didn't fix it either. I let it sit in the house for 5 months before sending it in because they told me it would cost me my shipping plus around 90$ for them to fix it since it was a software issue and was not covered under warranty. When I did send it in it was 2 months b4 the warranty was going to be up. Long story short all i had to pay was the 60 $ to ship it too them. and then the rest of the story is in my other post. 

Has anyone successfully installed 1.10 on the 7000?

I'm sure you'll see this on my update on my error topic, but my unit came back from pioneer with 1.10. I'm going to buy an extra power harness so i can tinker with the unit outside my truck, hopefully we can collaborate and get bricked 7000 units working.

I'm sure you'll see this on my update on my error topic, but my unit came back from pioneer with 1.10. I'm going to buy an extra power harness so i can tinker with the unit outside my truck, hopefully we can collaborate and get bricked 7000 units working.

wish mine came back with 1.10. I'm not even going to think about updating it.

wish mine came back with 1.10. I'm not even going to think about updating it.

When I got the new unit from them I told them to update it before they sent it. They said they left a note on the account and would have it updated.... Well I got it and it was not update. I ran the update from Microsd ( 5000nex ) and it went threw with out issue. The time when I updated and it bricked the unit i was trying to update over usb. How where you guys updating it when it bricked your units?

When I got the new unit from them I told them to update it before they sent it. They said they left a note on the account and would have it updated.... Well I got it and it was not update. I ran the update from Microsd ( 5000nex ) and it went threw with out issue. The time when I updated and it bricked the unit i was trying to update over usb. How where you guys updating it when it bricked your units?

I was using USB Port #1

USB 1 for my bricked update.

Thats what I thought everyone's answer would be... I think the safe way is to just use the sd card... I have updated 2 times now from sd card and had no issues. The time my unit bricked i was using USB 1. Just some info that may help people save their units from having this issue. 

Thats what I thought everyone's answer would be... I think the safe way is to just use the sd card... I have updated 2 times now from sd card and had no issues. The time my unit bricked i was using USB 1. Just some info that may help people save their units from having this issue.

I would love to update but don't wanna brick it again
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help with my 8000nex. I bought it from Car Toys and they installed it. When done the guy showed me how to use it and I set an anti theft password on it. Fast forward 6-8 months later my car battery dies and after I bought a new battery and turned the car on the 8000nex wants the password. I don't know what it is! Can someone help, I have no radio, nothing!