AVIC411.com

Freesing on startup..."GOOD NEWS from Pioneer"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question! After reading all the other posts about burning issues, ie bad cd roms, compatibility issues with windows burning software, nero, boot sector id, etc. I decided to take all the variables out of the equation. I don't want to guess if it's a bad disk, bad burn, or even a corrupted download if it dosen't work. The thought of the thing having to be pulled out of the dash after it's been working so well creaps me out...I asked the tech if just the hard drive could be swapped out in the event of a non-recovery after an update and he said"no."

Doesn't hurt to try. I used a cheapo CDR from a spool I had laying around, dragged the two files onto the disk in the burning program that came free with my laptop, burned as a data disk, and it worked perfectly. Just don't use the burning program that is built into XP--it mentions not to in the instructions

Just downloaded, unzipped, and burned the update using roxio. Soooo, I have it handy. I've been driving the car all day...88 degrees, max humidity...Very unusual for this time of year in VA. Not a single glitch all day. I may just watch this thing for a few more days....Has anyone run the update without issue? Seems to me that having to baby sit the app. for an extended period of time, while ejecting and reinserting the disk is nuts. And if you did get it to go without issue how long did it take? 7 to 10 minutes???

• 5 weeks later...