AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the update this morning, my Z120 now running on firmware 6.0 !!

The only tricky part was to use the good CARDINFO.cif   ( I've use the same from my 2013 update ! ) copy/paste !

After the update, I also notice that I've lost bluetooth signal --> UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY AFTER UPDATE !

!!!  I would like to thanks everyone on this thread ( especially RonS ;)    )

:eek:8)

Which terminal do you unplug? Positive, negative or both? If both, any particular order?

I also updated to the 2015 maps and I am experiencing BT issues - My iphone 6 would pair but no music through the speakers....

Which terminal do you unplug? Positive, negative or both? If both, any particular order?

I also updated to the 2015 maps and I am experiencing BT issues - My iphone 6 would pair but no music through the speakers....

To follow up on my own question, I disconnected both, starting with the negative, then positive + 5 min wait. Then positive and negative back.

It worked! Thanks.

Now at least I can hear BT music through my speakers - no BT calls nor Navigation TTS through the speaker

I have an iPod wired and have no problems. Are you trying to use BT? That will prevent some things from working since Apple doesn't support the Audio/Video Remote Control Protocol (AVRCP). For example Aha and Pandora must use the cable for iPhone/iPod.

There have been several people (myself included) who have had BT audio problems with Android v5 & 6 and AVIC BT 3.32. Falling back to the 2012 FIRMWARE seemed to fix some of those issues.

I found my problems go away if I am on some other (non-BT) audio source when the AVIC boots and starts playing. Then, after I see the BT connection message, I switch to the BT source (such as Pandora). But that is with my Android phone. Don't know if iStuff has the same issue.

Hi RonS,

First off, thanks to you and your cohorts for the sterling work in making these updates available to us tech mortals.  I wanted to add a little clarity to the Pandora over BT issue.  iPhones do have AVRCP (as of iphone 3G I think), the AVRCP allows basic functions like Next Track, Last Track, Play, Pause and some basic browsing.  It is this AVRCP functionality that allows Track Skip/Pause of Pandora over BT when the source is "BTAudio".  When the source is "Pandora" SPP (Serial Port Profile) is required for interface over BT.  Apple iOS does not support SPP, iPhones will need to be wired and will not interface over BT.  I think it is SPP that opens up the more advanced two-way communication allowing access to station lists, thumbs up and thumbs down.

The following is a list of BT profiles supported on iPhone 4 and later, note there is no SPP support.

Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6)

Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4)

Personal Area Network Profile (PAN)

Human Interface Device Profile (HID)

Message Access Profile (MAP)

iPhones do have AVRCP (as of iphone 3G I think), the AVRCP allows basic functions like Next Track, Last Track, Play, Pause and some basic browsing.  It is this AVRCP functionality that allows Track Skip/Pause of Pandora over BT when the source is "BTAudio".  When the source is "Pandora" SPP (Serial Port Profile) is required for interface over BT.  Apple iOS does not support SPP, iPhones will need to be wired and will not interface over BT.  I think it is SPP that opens up the more advanced two-way communication allowing access to station lists, thumbs up and thumbs down.

Excellent point. It's probably been too long since that has been pointed out. For Pandora, Aha and other advanced playback, iPhones/Pods need to be "wired" and the App Connection needs to be also set to Wired. Of course, you'll still need BT pairing for phone calls.

I tend to forget this since I only use an iPod (wired) for my music library and everything else comes through my Android Nexus 5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First, I assume it worked the way you expected (Pandora) before the upgrade. Now - what device are you running Pandora from? I expect it not an iPod (which I'm guessing is wired). If you are, how is it getting broadband internet access while you're driving? Or did you mean iPhone instead of iPod?

The reason I ask is - on an iPhone, Pandora only works with the Settings / AV Settings / App Connection set to "Wired".

Of course, maybe, like me, you use an iPod for stored music and an Android phone for BT internet audio streaming and Pandora. In which case, make sure Settings / AV Settings / App Connection is set to "Bluetooth".

my setting are grayed out cannot set setting to BT, going to try to disconnect battery to see if that will work.   the update seem to work. also my Ipod is not being detected.

another quick question when I goto service info all i see is version 6.0 then device # there is no other info, tried touching corners and holding to see if anything come but no luck. previous version there was platform version Bt version etc. is this normal for this build. this update was put on avix x940bt thanks in advance

Hey there, I see this has been covered really well and extensively. However I recently got the 2015 maps and updated that and the bt firmware to the 3.32. Well now I have that problem the others have.

I tried the battery disconnect and the hu reset. My bt audio only plays out of my phone while i can still control pandora from the hu. On my galaxy s5 if i open up the bt settings it wont let me slide the media audio to on. 

What am I missing? I have read through all this and did exactly what was described. I formatted the sd, i unzipped the files copied them to the sd. I erased the text from the cfi file and copied the new text. When I load the sd into the avic z140 nothing happens. If I dont edit the text and leave the file as is, it loads and asks if i want to update. I edited the text in the sublime text editor. It says its a cfi file. I have tried 100 times formatting the sd and trying again and again. I made sure it said 300 bytes.

thanks nate

Hey there, I see this has been covered really well and extensively. However I recently got the 2015 maps and updated that and the bt firmware to the 3.32. Well now I have that problem the others have.

I tried the battery disconnect and the hu reset. My bt audio only plays out of my phone while i can still control pandora from the hu. On my galaxy s5 if i open up the bt settings it wont let me slide the media audio to on. 

What am I missing? I have read through all this and did exactly what was described. I formatted the sd, i unzipped the files copied them to the sd. I erased the text from the cfi file and copied the new text. When I load the sd into the avic z140 nothing happens. If I dont edit the text and leave the file as is, it loads and asks if i want to update. I edited the text in the sublime text editor. It says its a cfi file. I have tried 100 times formatting the sd and trying again and again. I made sure it said 300 bytes.

thanks nate

Only modify CardInfo.CIF if you have a Z110, Z120, or X920. In the 1st sentence you say you updated to 2015.  So you must of done it right at least once. You're done. AFA Pandora and BT audio, make sure the App Connection setting is set to BT. You might want to re-pair the BT connection. 

Only modify CardInfo.CIF if you have a Z110, Z120, or X920. In the 1st sentence you say you updated to 2015.  So you must of done it right at least once. You're done. AFA Pandora and BT audio, make sure the App Connection setting is set to BT. You might want to re-pair the BT connection. 

Well I bought the update from ebay but after installed it, thats when i found this forum and for some reason i thought that the cif file was to fix the bt problem. In my av settings on my HU the only option i have for app connection is ipod or others. I have reset the HU many times the demo mode came on and everything. Had to select all the things like if it was brand new. I'm at my wits end on this thing. I have reinstalled the bt fw 3.32 and that resets the bt. I have cleared the bt cache on my galaxy s5. I have re-paired the bt connection a dozen times and still nothing. On my phone the phone audio slider is on but i cannot get the the media audio slider to stay on. I'm sure i'm overlooking something, but when I first got the HU all this stuff worked right away and I had no issues. I should never have updated my bt.

I'm at my wits end on this thing. I have reinstalled the bt fw 3.32 and that resets the bt. I have cleared the bt cache on my galaxy s5. I have re-paired the bt connection a dozen times and still nothing. On my phone the phone audio slider is on but i cannot get the the media audio slider to stay on. I'm sure i'm overlooking something, but when I first got the HU all this stuff worked right away and I had no issues. I should never have updated my bt.

IIRC there have been similar problems reported here with the Galaxy S5 after upgrading. I think it started with the 2013 version (which is the same BT files as 2015). So maybe there was some incompatibility between the S5 software and last Pioneer (Parrot) BT. You might look for those threads. I think some people fell back to the older BT software - I forgot what version. If you can find the older files you can install them the same way through the BT settings menu.

I was having some BT audio connection problems after the 2013 update. I have a Nexus 5. But it cleared up after newer releases of Android. I'm on v6.xx now and my only BT problem is re-connecting to a BT source when I start the car. It seems to timeout waiting for the phone connection. It doesn't happen every time.  I just need to wait for the phone to reconnect then toggle to a non-BY source and back.

Another option (if you feel comfortable hacking your phone) is to install a custom Android ROM on your phone. The xda site (link) has several S5 ported Android v6.xx ROMs with many customizations and features. Now guaranty but that may solve your problem.