AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the nag screen hack for this release (v6.0)

Apply this binary patch to /USER/PRGn*/APL/NAVI.EXE 

at offset 0xBEC64  

change 05 00 00 0A   to   00 00 A0 E1

*See below for the correct path to the file for your unit.

Note: do not install the upgrade with the edited file on the SD. If you do, the installation will fail. After it is successfully installed, you can use a copy of the one on the SD (in UPDATE\USER\PRG\APL) to patch, then use a separate SD with testmode.key and the patched NAVI.EXE on it to update your unit. I recommend not modifying the file on your installation SD.

This is dangerous - especially for noobies. Make a backup of any files you change - in fact making a backup of all files under \USER is a good idea.

* there are two \USER\PRG directories on your HU. The active one is indicated by the presence or absence of a file named \USER\PRG.FLG

If this file is not present, the active files are in \USER\PRG0\APL. Otherwise, the active files are in \USER\PRG1\APL

I have made this easier for those with the earlier models.  Verified to work on the Z120 and should work on the Z110 and X920 as is.  I have used the Patched VERINFO.DAT and confirms it works on the Z120.  Simply download the 3 files and unzip them and put them on the root of a SD card.  Insert the card in the radio and push Yes to update.  The radio takes over at that point.  If anyone needs detailed instructions then PM me and I can email you a document that should help.  If this helps and your in the position to donate, all are welcome.

Paypal Kellinaradway@yahoo.com  Anything you can donate helps offset the cost.

Thanks Kellina

Link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o24crgm0me8eph7/AADECBSiL89NqNTv56Iz6iLPa?dl=0

you can use the same VERINFO.DAT they used in the 2015 European Map Update thread. 

Great. I suspected that, but I had already installed my 2015 upgrade, so I couldn't test it. I didn't want to ask someone to be the guinea pig.

A few years ago someone (probably you) posted info on the contents of CARDINFO.  Is it easy to modify to support Z130/Z140? Or will the ones from their last update work here?

Since we now have the easy way to install  I deleted my RenewallFlib.dll  hack instructions in post #3. It will be less confusing going forward. I don't think anyone used it anyway.