AVIC411.com

D3 Navigation...drifting instead of stopped

How long has it been in there? And the illimination wire is usually orange or orange/white. Not positive on your car though

I bought this unit (D3) not really concerned about the navigation, but since it was just connecting a couple wires I gave it a shot. I searched the net and got info off of this site giving me 3 answers to the VSS wire for the O5 Magnum SXT. 1- there is not vss wire, 2- green/brown wire passenger side firewall and 3- orange/white wire driver side firewall. The green/brown wire gave me nothing. The orange/white wire gave me a reading that just jumped all of the place whether I was sitting idle or moving. So, for now the VSS is not hooked up. The GPS follows ok, but accurate and sometimes leaving the road after turns. When I put a route in, I can follow the route, but only because I know where I am going. If I were in an unfamiliar place I would miss turns. Also the "voice" telling me to turn never says anything besides, "you have arrived at your destination", and it said that after I past the destination. Any clue of what to do next?---besides buying another kit or installing a speed pulse. Will it become more accurate? Will the voice began to work after a while?

One other thing is that I replaced my old 6600 with this unit. I used the same wiring kit that the shop used that installed that radio. They never hooked up the illumination, but I didn't really matter on the 6600. This unit is twice as bright at night. Any alternate options on where to run the illumination to?

How long has it been in there? And the illimination wire is usually orange or orange/white. Not positive on your car though

Been in about 4 days now. Illumination wire wasn't hooked up before on previous radio and there was not a orange wire on the wiring harness that the shop used. That left me with no illumination for this radio.

Also, at night shouldn't the map view be dark?

OK well my last problem about the "Mother's Maiden Name" lockout screen was solved by sending the unit back to the factory to get fixed. Not good for a less-than-1-month-old unit, eh?

But I'm still having 1 annoying issue. Not all the time, but enough to pi** me off. When I slow down to a stop at lights, intersections, whatever- the red arrow keeps moving at EXACTLY 7.6 MPH. How do I know that? I go to the Vehicle Dynamics page and it says so. Every single time, 7.6 MPH. Crawling along when I should be stopped.

I have 2005 Nissan Xterra that doesn't have a "speed sense" wire. The install shop put in a JVC KV-PG1 Speed Pulse generator to solve my problem (sensor is over driver side rear wheel). They have no idea why it does this thing either, the response of "Well, I've seen that before" isn't very comforting either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Frustrated in CT

Aloha,

I also have a Nissan, please see my post here:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/show ... hp?t=19142

There is Step by step where our Vss wire is and how to find it with Pictures. If you have questions about the install please post over at clubfrontier.org