software error help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 indigo

indigo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

So out of nowhere I get the software error message on mu head unit. I have searched and searched with no luck on a fix. I cant send the unit back to pioneer cause I have no paperwork for the head unit. My question is this... Can I take the internal sd card that has the software on it out and replace it with a new one that has the firmware update on it? Im at a loss of what to do, can someone help point me in the right direction.

#2 indigo

indigo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:18 AM

Anybody? I took the sd card out the unit and it is definitely corrupted I tried three different card readers and it never appears so I cant even get into it. Next im going to put the firmware upgrade on a new sd card and install it to0 see if the head unit comes back to life if that doesn't work in the garbage it goes and I will buy kenwood from now on.

#3 JR87

JR87
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

Any luck?

#4 markob

markob
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Would also like to know if you had an luck with this - I am in the same situation, have been told a new card is £100 fitted by Pioneer service agent but I am out of the country for 3 months and use (used) the app radio everyday !

There must be a way to get a 4GB card and load the software on ?

#5 Remulas

Remulas
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Would also like to know if you had an luck with this - I am in the same situation, have been told a new card is £100 fitted by Pioneer service agent but I am out of the country for 3 months and use (used) the app radio everyday !

There must be a way to get a 4GB card and load the software on ?

I'm in the same situation. I have an SD card but I need the backup to install on the card. If I find it I will let you know. 

#6 labcoattech

labcoattech
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Hi all, I tried upgrading the firmware on my SPH-DA120 from version 1.07 to 1.14 after 2 hours it reached 20% so I had to take the head unit out and connect it to a 12v PC PSU in the home, after 7 hours the update was complete, tested and it was working fine, after fitting it back into the car all I get is the Pioneer logo. It looks like the 4GB internal SD card has become corrupt hence why it also took so long to update the firmware.

Does anyone have a backup image of the SD card so I can restore my unit. SPH-DA120 EU model.

#7 dillweedinc

dillweedinc
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing  DA120 SD IMAGE

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing     TESTMODE N3 put on usb and load deck with it in usb 1 it will unlock sd card.

AVICHACKING.SLACK.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users