AVIC411.com

GPS issues

I did the Hyperite's method#2. I got the DVD playing while the car is motion, but I can't seem to get the GPS going. The GUIDE MODE and ROUTE VIEW are always disabled unless I turn on the DEMO. Shouldn't the voice guidance be automatically on after I choose a destination? Also, it always says “feature is currently not available†when I go the VEHICLE DYNAMICS.

My Z2 is made April/07, the VSS wire is not hook up and I did the 2 wire bypass before running the ISO update. Any ideas?

When you hit:

Menu - settings - hardware - connection status

What does the GPS section look like? Do you have sat signals?

My guess knowing that what you should have done following the instructions and that it is not supposed to mess with anything---

My guess is that you unplugged the sat antenna wire in the back when you performed the 2 wire ground and you forgot to plug it back in when you reinserted the Avic.

Look at the connection status screen. If you have Sat activity, then I'm wrong and it's a much bigger problem. If they are all gray (or not acquired) chances are you just unplugged the sat antenna wire.

I still cant use those options after I programed a route. I waited an hour after I programed a route and those options are still diable. Defective Z2?

Possible you might need the VSS to get those options as well. They aren't really that spectacular of an add on. I had a time where I didn't have those.... but now I do. I also had a time where my vss wasn't hooked up and now it is. Not sure if that had any thing to do with it.

If you plan a route, voice guidance will talk you through the route. The guide mode or route view have something to do with the icons or images on the screen. Something like it gives you the next turn as a large arrow and then lower and smaller is the turn after that. You always get voice directions. But normally it will just show you the next turn, those modes give you the turn after that. Something like that I think. I saw the difference but never really used them.

Due to azhiroller posting this twice, I'm combining the posts and deleting the other one.

Those views only work when you have a route programmed in. As for the Vehicle Dynamics, has it had a little while to calibrate?

as far as the vehicle dynamics, you need the AVG-VDP1. it's the real time vehicle dynamics processor.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069876_192089326,00.html'>http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069876_192089326,00.html

as far as the vehicle dynamics, you need the AVG-VDP1. it's the real time vehicle dynamics processor.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069876_192089326,00.html

that is incorrect, the vehicle dynamics are built in to the AVICs...