AVIC411.com

GPS issues

Any suggestions on how i can get guidance running after i programed a route? It doesnt do anything after i programed a route.

If you are talking about a voice to tell you where to turn, that's kind of automatic. There is nothing special to enable it when setting your route.

If that's what you are looking for....

When you are looking at the map screen, there should be an icon which turns on and off the voice guidance (little square icon in a corner if memory serves), make sure you have that enabled there. Also check the volume settings to make sure the voice is loud enough to hear. And lastly you can just double check that the -DB during guidance is enough to hear it, put it to mute or -20db.

If you want the "guide mode" or "route view" that's a change to the images on the map screen and have nothing to do with the voice directions. Those are explained in the manual, can't remember the specifics off hand.

Yah, if the map doesn't move there is a problem with the GPS signal. Either the antenna is in a poor location or is defective or unplugged.

Technically you don't need the VSS wire corrected. I went months with mine not connected. Buf if you map doesn't move it's not getting a GPS signal.

Does this only happen when you plan a route, or when driving around just any time and you view the map does the map "follow you"? Your position should update at least 2x a second or so. If it freezes for a while that seems to make me think that your GPS signal is dropping out at that time, or yes, a defective Avic. But the defective Avic I would put at a 5% chance. 95% chance something is not hooked up or the GPS antenna is in a poor location or not plugged in all the way in the back or something.

What about the GPS sat's? In the GPS antenna line, it should say OK and the antenna should be green, but to the right of that should be up to 8 sats and they should all be green (I think). Orange is iffy and gray is not connected or it can't see that sat. Without at least 4 sats in orange or even better 6 or 7 green, you are not seeing any satellites. Which means no map updating.

None of those cross looking things are lit.

That's bad. From your earlier post about the line saying ok and the green antenna.... I think that means that the antenna is connected (could be just a check on the physical connector in the receptacle) but the end of the antenna is not seeing any sats.

Is your antenna on the roof? If not just put it there for now. See if that changes.

If so, then either there is something wrong with the antenna or more likely the wire broke or split or has a really bad kink in it breaking the wire from the antenna end to the connector.

Does anyone here know where the vss wire located in 06 Lexus rx330?

lt. green wire @ ECM(The ECM is behind the glove box), second plug from top, pin 17

**The VSS wire is also lt. blue at the amplifier under the passenger side rear seat.

Thanks slab42 for the info.

My GPS antenna is placed the dash of my car and it got no signal there. I didn't know how to read the signal strength correctly. I thought the GREEN Antenna means that's good. Anyway, I took the GPS antenna out of the dash and the signal is great. The Nav started to run afterward. I then put the antenna back into the same spot in the dash and it now get a good signal. I'm not sure why I didn't get a signal in the first place. Oh well, as long as it works now.

Here is my two cents on the Z2. I like everything about Z2 excepts for the loading time and it's unable store MP3. The Eclipse AVN7000 I've installed in my wife's car loads about 2-3 times faster than the Z2 and it's a piece of cake to bypass.

I'd like to thanks ducatiboy, hyperite and everyone who gave suggestions to my problem. You guys are awesome!!!