AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SCRIPT!

Worked brilliantly in less than 30 seconds on my Pioneer AVIC-F840BT.  I did contact Pioneer and they sent a very, I think, unhelpful email back which I have copied below.  Why they think somebody working in a dealership/Halfords (No detriment intended!) is a more secure receptacle for the information than me, a provable and bona-fide Vehicle owner who can supply serials and receipts and has a vested interest in folks NOT knowing how to do this, is way beyond my thought processes.

After all, if someone is going to break into my car to steal the radio, they already have the knowledge to break any password or they are entirely without wit, either way - my radio is gone and my windows are smashed so its a pretty pointless code anyway.  Again, many thanks for the info, I am very grateful to you for posting it.

Twain.

Actual Email from Pioneer:
There is a password reset procedure but we cannot give you the details directly as this is security sensitive information which cannot be generally released.

Please take your vehicle to your nearest Pioneer dealership (Halfords etc) who can contact us on 0208 836 3500 (option 1) to speak with one of engineers to perform the procedure. The removal of the headunit will not be required.This takes about 5 - 10 minutes and the dealer representative will need to be left alone in the vehicle during this time to perform the reset.

Details of your nearest dealer can be found from the link below.

http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/store-locator

Ring them beforehand to confirm as this isn't a standard service they provide but dealers call us up regularly to talk it through with an engineer so it's normally not a problem.

You will need to present the purchase receipt for the AVH or your DVLA documentation showing you are the registered owner of the vehicle. This is a security requirement necessary for the reset.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning friends, maybe someone can help me I have a problem with my Pioneer AVIC Z150BH, I bought it on ebay but it came with a lock code, the seller tells me to search how to unlock it in Google but I have tried everywhere and no I find a solution, I would appreciate if you could tell me how I can remove or delete that code, good morning everyone.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, Juan Tufino said:

Good morning friends, maybe someone can help me I have a problem with my Pioneer AVIC Z150BH, I bought it on ebay but it came with a lock code, the seller tells me to search how to unlock it in Google but I have tried everywhere and no I find a solution, I would appreciate if you could tell me how I can remove or delete that code, good morning everyone.

This was posted before, try it and it will work again.

password.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 8:17 AM, RonS said:

A simple way to permanently delete your unit's security password. No Condi Hackmode or TestMode commands needed.

I wrote a simple script that will delete the security PASSWORD for most Win CE based F, Z, and X series units. I can't say whether it will work with the very old units, and it won't work with the model numbers ending in 50 or greater,  or Nex units. If your model isn't included, there is an alternate method that works with some NEX and AVH models. Service Password Method

1. Format a smallish SD (32 GB or less) FAT32.
  2. Download and Unzip the file attached at the bottom of this post.
  3. Copy the unzipped files into the root of the SD  (TestMode.key and ScriptExec.ini from my zip).
  4. No other files on the SD. Eject it from your PC and insert into your AVIC. If nothing happens after 5 seconds. turn off your ignition for a few seconds, then turn it on.
  5. You should see a prompt to press any key. Press any button (volume-+ or trk <,>).
  6. Done. Remove the SD and restart your unit. No more password.

Note that the TestMode.KEY included here is only used to run scripts. It will not put your unit into the Maintenance menu. Also note that the script copies your existing PASSWORD.DAT file to the SD - just in case. So make sure it is not write-protected.

And a word of advice - In the future, don't set a password. It is no deterrent to a thief since there is no visible indicator that it has a password lock.(he will smash your window and destroy your dash regardless). Plus, he'll find this thread and unlock it. So save yourself the hassle a year from now when your car battery dies and you can't remember the password.

NOTICE: You must be a registered user of AVIC411 to download files hosted on this server. So register first (it is FREE) - then download!

Password Removal Script.zip 622 B · 4052 downloads

Thank you for your help RonS....I Tried this method for my x930bt model . After inserting sd card in my avic , it says sd card can not be read....I wonder it could be due to 128gb card that I have and not 32gb? Any suggestions or alternatives?

Appreciate your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 5:04 PM, JayPat said:

Thank you for your help RonS....I Tried this method for my x930bt model . After inserting sd card in my avic , it says sd card can not be read....I wonder it could be due to 128gb card that I have and not 32gb? Any suggestions or alternatives?

Appreciate your help.

I just successfully used a 128GB card but had to download a utility to format it to FAT32. Windows 10 tools only format to exFAT or NTSF which the x930bt may not read. FAT32 utility is at https://www.grdian.com/resources/how-to-format-exfat-to-fat32

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Brilliant, I too was locked out of my Pioneer F930BT after disconnecting the battery and not knowing the password due to the fact it was fitted by the previous owner. Followed this post and now back up and working. Not sure if you have to follow this procedure every time the battery is disconnected or whether the password part of it has now been disabled ? 

Thanks Rob

1 hour ago, Redrobbo said:

Not sure if you have to follow this procedure every time the battery is disconnected or whether the password part of it has now been disabled ? 

It is permanent unless another password gets set. Some original owners swear that they got locked out and never set-up a password. So keep the files in case you need them again.