AVIC411.com

Navigation features don't work

Last week I noticed that alot of my navigation features for my Z2 aren't working. The icons are there but they aren't bold to be used. The features that don't work are - Address Search, Go To, POI Search, Route Overview, Telphone Search and Cancel Route. Everything did work fine before.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Put your parking brake on and they will work. Or do the bypass

Yup... that works! I guess I should read the manual some more. Navigation systems usually work when the vehicle is stopped or in park. I didn't think I had to set the parking brake to use this one.

I'm going to be taking care of the bypass soon.

Thank!

• 3 weeks later...

i seem to have the same problem. my avic-z1 features don't work even with the e-brake on. i used to have the ducatiboy's bypass module installed on my z1 which performed perfectly but a while back i installed the new update cd which would solve the freezing issue, following that i lost all the functions of my unit so i had to remove that module to get the things back the way they were but my unit is still not functional; all the navigation search bottoms and setting options are grayed out and not available, even with the e-brake set. any idea what is wrong here? i would really appreciate any suggestions.

I downloaded the 30-something meg file last night and will burn it onto a CD and load it in my Z2. Then take care of the 2 wire bypass. Also need to install the satellite radio/nav traffic along with 9" Vizualogic headrest monitors/DVD players. Hope to finally have time to take care of that stuff next week!

i will do the 2wire bypass for sure but shouldn't the unit function without the bypass when the e-brake is set? because mine isn't now that i've removed the bypass even with the e-brake set. i am not even able to use the "setting" function een with the e-brake set

thanks

Not if the e brake wire was never wired to the e brake in the first place. If you had a different bypass before it would stand to reason that the e brake wire was wired to the bypass, right?

When the bypass was connected, they used the parking brake wire

if it is the e-brake wire, then it must have been disconnected later. because when first my z1 was installed, i had no bypass on it and it would perform perfectly when the e-brake was set. i put that bypass a month later after my z1 was installed and it performed nice.