AVIC411.com

Hello all,

I am puting a new Avic-Z2 with a GEX-P10XMT in my new 2008 Impala SS optioned with XM and Bose. I have found all modules etc to keep all OEM functionality, such as OnStar and wheel controls and safety/door chimes. But, I have not found any way to use the existing XM antenna. Does anyone know if it is possible to use the existing XM antenna or possibly re-end/hack it to work with the GEX-P10XMT? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

-Steve

u mean the yellow antenna plug? ive never had trouble pluggin them into any xm box. worst case you have to take all of the plastic off of the factory side (the yellow) and it will plug in good luck

I do not know if the plug is yellow, I have not started getting into anything yet. I know the antenna plug on the pioneer XP piece is a square with a round type deal in the middle. I can not find a picture or any documentation of a GM XM antenna or antenna plug.

• 1 month later...

Yes the factory antenna will work. All you have to do is take off the plastic around the main connector and it will plug right into the aftermarket xm unit. Theres just a little clip on the side you pop that off and then the plastic connector comes right off. Then you are left with just a bare smb connector which will work perfect.