AVIC411.com

Backup camera & Bluetooht install question

I have ordered a D3 + CD-BT200 Bluetooth module + CD-I200 iPod cable + Boyo VTL200 rear view camera. Having read numerous threads and the 'stickies' I am looking for a quick answers to the followng questions . (please spare the RTFMs as I do not have the D3 as yet)

1. Will the D3 power-on by itself (automatically) when rear-view camera is hooked-up to the head unit and reverse is engaged or does the D3 have to be manually powered on to get the rear view?

2. Pioneer's D3 web page mentions that the backup camera can be engaged in split screen mode while driving and in forward motion. Is the other half of the split screen the navi?

3. Can the rear-view camera be engaged from the head unit while parked?

Thanks.

Sorry ... forgot to post the bluetooth question in the main post.

1. Is the video bypass required to enable full bluetooth functionality while driving? I thought I read in one of the posts that is is requried. Could not find the posting.

2. Any feedback on A2DP + AVRCP bluetooth performance is appreciated. Does it perform as it is supposed to? Does the supporting bluetooth device pair and remain connected properly?

Thanks.

1. The D3 will power on when you turn the car on. Most cars require the car to be on to put it in reverse anyway.

2. The D3 does not do that. The D1/2, Z1/2, and the N1/2/3 do. When driving forward, it will be full screen, just like if you were backing up.

3. Yes. Change your map view mode to rear view

I have ordered a D3 + CD-BT200 Bluetooth module + CD-I200 iPod cable + Boyo VTL200 rear view camera. Having read numerous threads and the 'stickies' I am looking for a quick answers to the followng questions . (please spare the RTFMs as I do not have the D3 as yet)

1. Will the D3 power-on by itself (automatically) when rear-view camera is hooked-up to the head unit and reverse is engaged or does the D3 have to be manually powered on to get the rear view?

2. Pioneer's D3 web page mentions that the backup camera can be engaged in split screen mode while driving and in forward motion. Is the other half of the split screen the navi?

3. Can the rear-view camera be engaged from the head unit while parked?

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. No idea. I get my custom ringtones through my D3. Never bothered to try anything else

Sorry ... forgot to post the bluetooth question in the main post.

1. Is the video bypass required to enable full bluetooth functionality while driving? I thought I read in one of the posts that is is requried. Could not find the posting.

2. Any feedback on A2DP + AVRCP bluetooth performance is appreciated. Does it perform as it is supposed to? Does the supporting bluetooth device pair and remain connected properly?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...