AVIC411.com

BTB200 and Blackberry 8830?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the 8830 world edition on Verizon Wireless, and i was able to register the phone, transfer the address book in it's entirety in one shot, and use the voice commands.

I think it's unfortunate that when I have several phone numbers for one contact, it doesn't differentiate them. (i.e. home, mobile, office, fax). It just labels them as c1, c2, c3, c4. I have full contact info for all 400+ of my contacts, and it's impossible to tell if I'm calling their office, or mobile, or worse yet, their fax machine.

Other than that, it's great.

one other thing, if you rename a contact, it doesn't follow over to your presets, another slight frustration.

I have the 8830 world edition on Verizon Wireless, and i was able to register the phone, transfer the address book in it's entirety in one shot, and use the voice commands.

I think it's unfortunate that when I have several phone numbers for one contact, it doesn't differentiate them. (i.e. home, mobile, office, fax). It just labels them as c1, c2, c3, c4. I have full contact info for all 400+ of my contacts, and it's impossible to tell if I'm calling their office, or mobile, or worse yet, their fax machine.

Other than that, it's great.

one other thing, if you rename a contact, it doesn't follow over to your presets, another slight frustration.

You know what bluetooth version you have?

• 1 month later...

Hey all I'm hoping i can get some help here.

I just installed my D3 into my car last night with the bluetooth module and I was able to register my phone, I can make calls no problem, but I can't transfer the phone book. I have a Sprint Blackberry 8830.

When I try starting the address book transfer from the AVIC-D3, it just disconnects the bluetooth and doesn't seem to do anything.

When I try starting it from the phone, it sits for a while and comes up with an error: "Unable to location Object Push Server. See the manual for your Bluetooth handsfree device" on the phone. I tried searching google for this but didn't come up with much.

Any help would be appreciated! I am a computer guy, so this is frustrating the crap out of me! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all I'm hoping i can get some help here.

I just installed my D3 into my car last night with the bluetooth module and I was able to register my phone, I can make calls no problem, but I can't transfer the phone book. I have a Sprint Blackberry 8830.

When I try starting the address book transfer from the AVIC-D3, it just disconnects the bluetooth and doesn't seem to do anything.

When I try starting it from the phone, it sits for a while and comes up with an error: "Unable to location Object Push Server. See the manual for your Bluetooth handsfree device" on the phone. I tried searching google for this but didn't come up with much.

Any help would be appreciated! I am a computer guy, so this is frustrating the crap out of me! :)

Just got my D3 installed yesterday with the BTB-200 and I'm getting the same error message. I've got a Blackberry 8310. Any help would be appreciated.