AVIC411.com

Installed the d3, all is fine except for one thing, no matter how my wiring is conf. behind the unit I can not get a good reception on my radio stations. (lots of static)

I even unpluged the nav. wire to see if that would help nothing there, I also tried moving my pac swips module, could it be a ground issue, I used the ground from the car plug for all. (radio, pac, bypass)

This happens with or without the car running. (2003 Honda Pilot)

I would check to make sure you don't have an amplified antenna system on your pilot. sounds like it might need to have the power antenna wire connected.

There was another plug on the stock radio with only two wires, I thought that might be for the anti-theft funtion.

Any help on finding the right wire to connect the blue wire to...thanks

• 2 weeks later...
i have the same problem with my radio being unclear and having a lot of static/ weak signal. did connecting the 2 blue wires fix the problem completely? does the radio sound normal now?

Yes it did in my case, if you have the same vehical it should be your fix as well...that of course , not knowing all of your details.

• 5 weeks later...

Circuit City did my original install of an eclipse AVN6610, and there was a lot of static on the FM radio, so much so that it was useless. I hated the 6610, so I swapped it for the D3, which is much, much better. Quick question, does the blue wire for the honda antenna adapter go to the remote lead or is that power? They had it hooked up to the remote lead on the eclipse, and I did the same on the D3. I even replaced the antenna adapter.

for my old N1 I had that problem, I sent it to pioneer for the flex cable thing. and they told me I also needed a new AM/FM Tuner, which I didn't pay for because 200 bucks is not worth it.

Right but I don't think that's the problem. I just read through the D3 manual, and it tells you to not use the remote wire that is associated with the aftermarket amps for the antenna lead, and I recall the Circuit City had the antenna wire split. The antenna booster wire from the D3 is split to go to the antenna, and to go to the blue wire coming out of the factory adapter harness. I don't think the blue wire has to go to the factory harness adapter, right?

Could that be my problem? Seems a bit weird.