AVIC411.com

GPS Signal signal strength bar colour ?

Thanks, looks like i'll have to rip it out again and check the connections. :cry:

Cheers

Adam

No I think that 6 orange sats is good. I think gray is no connection to the sats. Red is ok connection. I don't think you need to rip it out to check.

Are you having trouble with your nav tracking your position.

I am having all sorts of problems. Now noticed sometimes its says Satellite connected ok, but no satellites hooked up. See my other post. Maybe a poor GPS physical connection or wire trapped ? I'll check over the w/e. Failing that a new unit as it is only 3 weeks old.

Cheers

Adam

I think the OK just means that the antenna's connection to the unit is OK.

I just went through something similar with the map being off. And I couldn't get the satellite icons to turn green either. But as long as you have at least 2 of the 3 bars of the antenna strength, then you should be fine.

like mentioned, orange satellite icons is good.

I think the OK just means that the antenna's connection to the unit is OK.

I just went through something similar with the map being off. And I couldn't get the satellite icons to turn green either. But as long as you have at least 2 of the 3 bars of the antenna strength, then you should be fine.

like mentioned, orange satellite icons is good.

Dawgbone - I have that issue right now I see my satellite icons are good but I only get one bar on the green antenna. I have constant issues when I input a route it keeps telling me to make a u-turn or tells me to turn the wrong way. It looks like it has me about 30 feet off track and I guess that is why it keeps spitting out new commands. How many green bars do you get with our antenna?

It usually bounces between 2 and 3 bars. When I was having issues with mine, it would show no bars or if at best 1 bar, but would show 3 or 4 satellites. I think Pioneer's doing some crazy stuff to get your location, and it's pretty much above my head, as to how they calculate it all in. But when you have it right, it's amazingly accurate, or at least it has been for me.

With yours having 1 bar and being 30ft off, then I would suspect that you need to find a way to get better signal(antenna location). Also, check in the menu, to make sure that the installation angle is correct. Because some dash's actually point the HU at the driver, and is not completely perpendicular to the front of the car(if that makes sense). If need be, there is a setting in the menus for the installation angle correction.

a side note from that, as I was driving in my yard(rough) the other day, it actually told me that there was too much vibration....kinda crazy..