AVIC411.com

Open Letter to AVIC411.com

Let me start off by saying, Jason you can just delete my account. The past few months have brought MANY assholes, jerks, (too many expicatives to list) to this forum since the advent of the poor man's navigation, the D3.

Don't get me wrong, there are MANY more nice and friendly members here, but the few bad apples ruin the bunch. And honestly Jason, you cater to these people. People come on here with ONE post trying to sell their stuff. I have to admit, to me, these are scam artists. Why would you let someone with no reputation on this board sell stuff to our members? Or someone who continuously spammed and posted DAILY about a stupid car show. Did this need to be posted EVERY DAY by this supposed member? Then you actually took away my moderator status because I deleted these spam posts. You did give them back, but what for? So I could be chastised again and this board cater to scam artists?

I know I am NOT the only member that feels this way. You know I keep in touch with many of the old-timers here, and noone is happy.

So you can either delete my account, and we will part ways, or simply impose stricter rules, and let the moderators do what they are supposed to be doing.

Thank you,

Anthony

I understand and agree with your concerns.

You have to realize, I don't spend all my time watching this forum. I'm a full time student and I also have a 25 hour a week job. If there is a problem, you guys have to let me know so I can take care of it before it gets out of hand.

I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes with you guys, but it's my understanding that these issues seem to be coming from the classifieds? I haven't received any other "concerns" from the other mods so I was assuming everything was fine.

Per request, there is now a 50 post minimum to create a topic in the classified forum.

Please let me know what else I can do.

-Jason

How about a 3 day probationary period. During this time you cannot post, only read the forums. This will ensure every new member searches the forums before asking retorical questions, also, it will force them to learn and understand the forum as well; develop an appreciation for it. Not to mention that will eliminate alot of the SPAM.

I know this doesn't answer the admin priveleges problem, nor do i have grounds to comment on that, but just seeing how these guys operate and how this forum works, i think it would be a huge loss if PAISAN was terminated, same goes for the other mods.

Aside from being a great research bank, this forum has a lot of personality, and provides a nice social atmosphere for a lot of us as well. Not to mention it is always a pleasant break from work.

Many thanks to Jason for running this site, and many thanks to the mods for helping out and keeping the ship sailing.

Regards,

Beep

i'm the one who posted the "so called stupid car show" as you put it....why do you believe that i'm a scam artist, clearly if you look at all my post, i've been helping on answering some question on other thread...i have a z1 headunit, xm radio and traffic, tv tuner, bluetooth, ipod, 6000watt sound system, rear widescreen tv, etc..... since last year and now i post 1 car show and you PaisanNYC get upset with that (beside it not in the classified, but off topic...isn't that an off topic or do you need to clarify what an off topic is???? :? ), i pm'd every mods and admin here about the car show post and it really sounds like it didn't bother anyone.... plus i pm'ed you and you never responded...(sorry, if this sounds mean but please man up and communicate instead of over reacting...)

thank you very much and i like this forum for the valuable info that people provide, and i try to put my info also. :D

PaisanNYC I agree with you about the scams going on, I think the effort that JasonH can/does do is good. Id like not to see you go brother! its good to have someone like you here!!!

as far as apax is concerned, I have seen the autofest posts and didnt have a problem with it myself, since it didnt really contain whats widely considered as spam or virus's. So, my opinion was that it was ok, but dont get me wrong, if for some reason someone sees something more then my casual glance indicated to me, by all means see that its handled.

In closing, I like the steps your taking JasonH, and the classified section really needs to be moderated more. I also think the a-holes that do make it into posting and flaming and bashing need to be moderated. This site gets alot of traffic and use but left unchecked i think it will deteriate things and chase away great people like PaisanNYC, Ive nearly been chased away aswell. The dozen fluff posts that these guys make and then are gone are 99% not needed. Streamlining posts would even be more helpful to everyone so that info is easily accessed.

You have to realize, I don't spend all my time watching this forum. I'm a full time student and I also have a 25 hour a week job. If there is a problem, you guys have to let me know so I can take care of it before it gets out of hand.

That right there is why moderators are created, so that the admins dont have to tend to every little thing. I moderate the classifieds section of another board Im a member on and we have clasifieds for car audio, vehicles, and misc items. We have a total of 3 mods just for those sections; meaning all 3 of us do all 3 sections. Its the only way to keep them, not only spam and idiot free, but to keep order in the posting so you know whats being sold and whats being asked for.

I think the new requirement you made was a good idea though. I wish they would do that on the board I mod on. Gets a little sketchy seeing joe bagaballs selling a pair of 12s and a 1k amp for 300 dollars while toting a post count of 2.

The thing is, you chose your mods for a reason, because you can trust them to make mature and appropriate decisions that are inline with the purpose of this board. But if you have to micro manage, to insure things are done the way you want them, then there is no point in modding and at that point I cant blame Paisan for saying what hes saying.

Paisant, as for whats said in OT? Who cares? Its OT? That place is supposed to be for nonsense. I mean, look at that next word game... lol. I can see how deleting duplicate posts or threads would be important, but aside from that... again... its OT, who cares what the content is?

First Id like to say this is an awesome forum. I have learned and contributed quite a bit since owning my D3. It is also the first and only forum I have been a part of. There are about 5 or 6 senior members on this forum that I believe make the forum work. You all know who you are. But I have to say that when I see some 1 post get on here out of nowhere and start posting questions that have been addressed numerous times or abusing the classified section or especially insulting one of the senior members it personally offends me. If you get on here and dont use the tools laid before you before starting a new thread on a topic that has been addressed before or you do something stupid like the guy that PaisanNYC is referring to then you deserve to be "set straight" in my opinion. I myself made a claim one time where I over exaggerated and I was quickly confronted and corrected. I realized I was wrong and took it like a man. Unfortunately we have some people that could use a little growing up before getting on here. I feel if you dont like the response you get after committing such infractions then go away. Insulting the people that have made this forum successful can not be tolerated. I agree with the new measures and others should probably follow and this forum will become even better. Thank you JasonH for creating this forum and allowing the senior guys on here to take this forum to success. To close out my thoughts let me just say, PaisanNYC your an asset and dont go nowhere. :D

well, i missed the beginning of all this and dont know what actually happened because i havent really been on here much due to the big change in atmospere lately. but all i have to say in the matter is that i dont see how anyone could have a beef with PaisanNYC. he is definitely the nicest person i've met on here. i've had him out to my house, and i would definitely hang out with him again. he's just an all around good guy. so for someone to be talking any kind of shit about him just goes to show the new mentality around here which has led to a lot of good contributers to not even get involved much any more