AVIC411.com

Hard drive not found?

I am trying to unlock my drive (remove security) by connecting the new toshiba 40gb HD to my desktop. I have tried numerous ways and nothing was found. I tried hitting shift and f3, nothing comes up. The magic boot disk was in and it does not find anything. I have tried everything from putting drive on secondary IDE, primary. I have done all combinations. What is going on? I thought it was going to be easy. I just hooked everything back up the way it was before and just started the computer normal again. I put it on secondary IDE master with the cable, since does not have jumpers on toshiba HD, the primary was disconnected I tried to put it on master on primary with the cable and disconnect secondary IDE. How do i do this guys, please help.

where does the new hard drive need to be connected to? The secondary where the cd roms are. So the primary where I have 2 hard drives should be disconnected? I dont know why its not finding the hard drive. It has 4 things saying primary 0, primary 1, secondary 0, secondary 1 - there all not found. So its not finding any master or slave.

well this is wierd, i am on the desktop now. when it is connected secondary master, it finds new hardware when i start windows xp. i see the HD in device manager. when i put magic boot disk in and start it. it finds the 3 drives that are hooked up and then boot disk loads and it says found no drives. does this program suck or what? why am i having problems. my comp is open right now. i also tried disconnecting primary cable and still didnt work.

i try to get into my bios settings pressing f2 on my dell and then i go to system settings, since there are 5 choices and then it says press f1 to continue or f2 or something for setup, f2 doesnt work, when i press f1 to continue it just boots to windows xp. f12 doesnt work on startup screen it makes a internal comp noise, f12 is boot menu or something.

so no one has any answers? there is no detailed instructions what to do and what to hook up when putting the new HD in the desktop computer. The laptop has no jumper cable, but i took one off the cd rom and used it.

The instructions are ONLY for a desktop.

That said, I don't even know what your question is. Your posts are really poorly worded, so I give up halfway through a sentence.

The magicboot disk works just fine. Disconnect all your other drives, put the new drive on the master location of the secondary IDE channel. If it shows up in your BIOS, you're good to go, and MHDD will work just fine. If not, you did something wrong.

so i disconnect both HD's I have on the primary? so basically all is connected is the laptop HD on secondary as master on the cable (end not middle connector). I disconnect both cd rom drives on secondary and just put the laptop drive in. Should i take a jumper from one of the cd rom drives and put it master on the back of my toshiba hd or is the cable just fine. I have loaded the computer before with the magic boot disk in and it would say primary 0,1 not found and secondary 1 not found. so that means the secondary 0, which is the master is found, but it shows up nothing. I just press continue, then it loads the magic boot disk and then it says no hard disks or something found. Then it takes me to the dos prompt with the c:/MHDD whatever. i type in EID and it says bad file name or not valid command i dont remember. the wierd thing is that it recongnizes my drive when i load windows xp, it says new hardware found.