AVIC411.com

D3 Navigation problem....Disk marked wrong? Please help

I just got my D3 in this week and I started it up and put in the EAST CD since I live in TN. But, my map shows like I'm in LA, California...?

Can anyone enlighten me? I set my home address and it still defaults to a view of LA...?

I cannot find anything in the manual regarding this issue... It also took forever for my time to correct itself. Is this normal? My GPS antennae shows strong signals.

You say you set your home address. Did you do this through "modify location." So you are manually putting it where you are? Once you do that, then go drive around for a little bit.

Yes, I've done that. How long do I have to drive around until it registers. It keeps going back to LA. I've driven probably 25 miles so far and it still isn't changing. I've even tried resetting and going thru it all over again and it still doesn't recognize it... any ideas or is just a waiting game for it to recognize it? It took about 10 miles for the clock to update. It's annoying that you cannot just go in and put in the time.

Also, do you know to just make the screen black, not that grey and white stripe. The radio station screen is way too bright at nite, very annoying..

It should have done it in that amount of driving. Where is your antenna mounted and is it on metal? Go to settings in the nav menu, 3d calibration and see what the learning status is.

Too bright, sounds like you don't have your illumination wire hooked up. It should dim once you turn on your headlights.

There is a way to turn off the screen. I think its in the settings of the AV menu.

Is this unit new or used? The reason I ask is because the symptom you describe is exactly the same symptom that I and a few other owners have had with our units. If that is the case your unit is most likely defective and will need to be serviced or replaced. If the problem isn't related to a bad placement of the antenna you have a defective unit. I had to have mine replaced.

It should have done it in that amount of driving. Where is your antenna mounted and is it on metal? Go to settings in the nav menu, 3d calibration and see what the learning status is.

Too bright, sounds like you don't have your illumination wire hooked up. It should dim once you turn on your headlights.

There is a way to turn off the screen. I think its in the settings of the AV menu.

The signal shows very strong and I did go to that 3D deal and I didn't see anything about progress of learning. I did hook up the illum wire to the GMOS harness so I don't know why it's not working... I did figure out how to turn off the screen.

Is this unit new or used? The reason I ask is because the symptom you describe is exactly the same symptom that I and a few other owners have had with our units. If that is the case your unit is most likely defective and will need to be serviced or replaced. If the problem isn't related to a bad placement of the antenna you have a defective unit. I had to have mine replaced.

This unit is brand new. I received it last Tuesday and put it in... The antennae shows a strong signal.

I guess I'll be calling the guy I bought it from on Monday.

Can you get me some more information on the exact nature of what Pioneer is causing the defect. I know the guy I bought it from will probably think it's due to my own install error or something. I did check the hardware tab and it all checks out normal. No install issues according to that and the radio plays normal and the BU cam works etc...?

Let me know!

Here is the link where others talked of this same problem. Just for giggles, have you tried the reset with the power on? Although, reading in that thread, that was only a short term fix.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Okay, this doesn't look good. My unit will not come off LA. It won't even go to my location for a minute. When I put any destination in it calculates it from LA...? I'm in TN.

This entire install has been a nightmare.

First, wrong harness sent to me, Second, Peswips is not remembering programming, fit kit and antennae adapter were wrong and now this...

Should I stick with Pioneer?? I almost bought a Valor but thought that would give me problems..

Sorry to hear things snowballing for you. I bought mine in late Aug and haven't (knock knock) had any issues. My swi has hiccupped a few times and didn't respond to buttons or respond to one but not another, then correct itself a few minutes later.

Some don't like the nav ability, but I haven't had any problems. I like the bang for the buck.

I live in Nashville and I had this problem when we bought the unit about a week ago. The first time I put the east disc in ours did the same thing: signal in L.A.. Put the other disc in and everything started working fine, so try the other disc even if it is the wrong one. Hope this works for you.

I live in Nashville and I had this problem when we bought the unit about a week ago. The first time I put the east disc in ours did the same thing: signal in L.A.. Put the other disc in and everything started working fine, so try the other disc even if it is the wrong one. Hope this works for you.

Yes, I tried that but it didn't help. Now, I didn't drive around for awhile with the West CD in so maybe that's something I need to do...?

Where is your antenna mounted? How many sats are lit up? I know you say "strong," but how many?

And PS: The incorrect harness, wrong fit kit and antenna adaptor, and Peswips not working have nothing to do with Pioneer. Sounds like you should have bought it from a better dealer

I'll check the number of sats that are lit up. I mounted the antenna on a metal frame just under the dash per the advice of another that did the exact same thing and he had a stronger signal then he did when it was on the dash in the corner of the windshield...?

I realize the incorrect harness etc... has nothing to do with the Pioneer. The vendor I purchased it from had my truck as a new body style GMC HD 2500 and my truck is an 07 but it is a "classic" which is basically identical to an 06.

I was just explaining my level of frustration at the time... :(

Okay,

The GPS signal says "OK" and there are 8 little satellites next to the green antennae but they are not green they are a tan color.

Next, when going down the road the speed sensor counter moves but there is no SLOPE or INCLINATION being shown at all.

The 3D calibration shows nothing just that the sensor is "initializing", this after about 25 miles of driving.

Now, here is the question. I'm wondering if it's the GMOS-04 harness that's not right 100%.

I say this because the VSS, reverse wire and ebrake wire are all right there at the GMOS harness but when I hooked up the reverse wire from my camera brain to the reverse wire on the GMOS harness the camera would not work in reverse(reverse wire from radio harness was hooked there also). It would trigger and the screen would go black so the radio was working but the camera would not. I then put the wire from the camera to the reverse wire down under the column and I now had a picture so something was not right with that harness.

I'm wondering if maybe the VSS on the harness is not as good as it should be and maybe I should run it to the back of the instrument cluster the way I would have to if I didn't have the GMOS harness.

But, then again if it was not working why would the numbers increase in the Hardware Tab on the VSS if it was not working. Could it only be working some but not optimally?