AVIC411.com

Pictures Of where to put the Bluetooth Piece

Well, the bluetooth module is real small, it's 2.5 inches by 1.5 inches by 1/2 inch or so. And it's got a 3 foot cord which plugs into the back of the Z1. Just plug it into the back and run it around towards the font, see if you can find a place just behind the dash (unobstructed by metal between it and where you would normally put your phone). I have a center console, I brought it down from the radio and just tucked it under the conter console. No way to take a picture of it. It's small enough to fit practically anywhere.
  • 2 weeks later...
my installer told me that there is a second unit that has a Call / End button that has to be mounted? is this true?

from the sounds of it, there's only once piece that needs to be mounted and it's not a Call / End unit.

thanks
my installer told me that there is a second unit that has a Call / End button that has to be mounted? is this true?

from the sounds of it, there's only once piece that needs to be mounted and it's not a Call / End unit.

thanks
[quote name="MacFly"]my installer told me that there is a second unit that has a Call / End button that has to be mounted? is this true?

thanks[/quote]

Obviously your installer has not installed one of these units before. The BT unit is just one plug that connects to the Z1. There is enough cable included with the unit that you can find a place to mount pretty much anywhere behind the HU. Everything in regards to the BT module is controlled by the Z1...all call and end buttons are on the HU. There is an optional IR remote [url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/shop/product/details/0,,2076_310070123_298177924,00.html](here is a link)[/url] that has the buttons that your installer describes but it is not required to use the BT module. Hope this helps.
[quote name="bongus"] [quote name="MacFly"]my installer told me that there is a second unit that has a Call / End button that has to be mounted? is this true?

thanks[/quote]

Obviously your installer has not installed one of these units before. The BT unit is just one plug that connects to the Z1. There is enough cable included with the unit that you can find a place to mount pretty much anywhere behind the HU. Everything in regards to the BT module is controlled by the Z1...all call and end buttons are on the HU. There is an optional IR remote [url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/shop/product/details/0,,2076_310070123_298177924,00.html](here is a link)[/url] that has the buttons that your installer describes but it is not required to use the BT module. Hope this helps.[/quote]

helps plenty, thank you!

how is the range of the BT module? i was thinking of putting it in the center console, but if range isn't a problem....hiding it behind the dash would be best!
Hello John, I have mine in the dash...stealth...no problems at all. When I enter my car, I have my phone in my briefcase and I never have a need to bring it out to gain reception. The Z1 starts the BT and then connects with my phone...all within 10-15 secs of starting my car. My best suggestion is to connect the BT in the location you want it and test to see if the Z1 can detect your phone...I'm sure you won't have a problem detecting a phone that is located in the cabin of your car.