AVIC411.com

More then 10 miles POI search?

I've had a AVIC-D3 installed for about 6 months now.

The only issue I have is when you're driving in an area and want to search for "POI" ie restaurants, gas stations etc. The D3 seems to only find things that are within 10 miles, otherwise it finds nothing. My Garmin would find what ever you're looking for no matter how far it is. Is there a way to do this or a work around?

Thanks

From reading other posts I think this question has been asked before and it's found that the D3 has a fault regarding how far you can search. 10 miles in any direction seems to be the max, I was hoping there was a work around or patch to this however that does not seem to be the case.

Speaking of patches and firmware updates is this possible for the D3?

• 1 month later...

I have the same question. Looks like this is the big negative with our NAV. The other day I wanted to find the closest Lowes from where we were. I had to do a POI, type in city first then the name. Then I had to know which one would be closest by the street. If I was in town I was not familiar with, I'd be SOL.

I'm not even sure how I'd find it with the Vicinity button. Would it find me a Loews?

Yeah, I was in the middle of nowwhere, looking for the closest phillips 66. HAd to zoom out and find the next closest city, then search that city and determine which was the closest to the highway. Major pain. there needs to be a way to adjust the vicinity search, and to list things by distance would be nice. Hard to believe that is a 1000 dollar upgrade to the Z2.