AVIC411.com

service manual

i was worndering have any of u guys read the Z1 service manual it showes a service screen thats in windows mobile i think you might be able to close it and go from there? also im not even sure if they were sposed to sell the Z1 service manual becaseon there website it ses ur not elgiable to buy this product ,but i bought one on the phone i think the girl might have messed up. anyways maby u guy can use some of the info from it.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the most intrasting part.

(mecha service test )

first u must go into the service screen

1.press the reset and eject buttons simultaneously while battery, acc ON

2. release only the reset button

3. release the eject button when the password input screen is displayed

4. input the password ( [p.list up] [p.list up] [p.list down] [p.list down]

[trfc(ta/news)]

now hit the page keys to go to the testmode menu number 5 on the list should be servmecha when u pull up this test screen it will be in a window from windows im hopeing u can just click the x in the conner and close it.

oya this service manul cost $110.00

post-2752-12872753219954_thumb.jpg

post-2752-12872753224449_thumb.jpg

right about now, I would love to figure out how you can install a new HDD...

I called Pioneer about a replacement HDD, only to be told that I would have to send the unit into a service center. And that a new HDD is not available from the parts department....

So what do the service centers do? Pressing a sequence of buttons would definitely be cheaper than paying to unlock a drive...

im sure the drives come preloaded

but unlocked right? or is there a way to clear out/rewrite the eeprom?

this is one of the places I have become the most confused with this unit....if you disable the lock and have it run fine, then that would mean that you can run any drive, regardless if it supports drive lock or not....right? Of course, considering the resets with most other drives...