AVIC411.com

Just installed the D3 but now I'm getting shocked...

When I set my feet on the ground and exit the vehicle I go to shut the door or touch any metal and get a shock! The D3 itself is working properly as well as the the Sirius PNR2 unit. Onstar works perfect as well.

Is it not grounded correctly? How would I find the short if there is one.

Here is how I hooked everything up:

I used a GMOS-01 Harness. I used the bypass mod and grounded the parking brake wire coming from the AVIC and the MUTE wire which I moved to the above PIN (Tested the AVIC with no errors and plays DVD's while driving). I grounded them to the harness Ground wire which was connected to the factory harness.

For the PNR2 I connected the power to the GMOS-01 harness Yellow wire. And the ground to the GMOS-01 harness as well.

This is a 2007 Trailblazer. I could really use some help on this one. Thanks!

Static shock. Not continuous. If I sit in the driver's seat (cloth) and really move around in it then get out I can get a really good shock. I have not tried disconnecting the battery at the battery box would take awhile to get to etc. What would this tell me?

I should note that I tried disconnecting the radio from the harness and the shock still occured. It seemed when the harness was plugged in it started to happen.

Get a vinyl or leather seat cover and rubber floor mats. That should stop it. If it continues go to a hardware store and buy 3ft of thin steal braided cable and ground one tip underneath the car and let the other tip drag on the ground. This is caused by the rubbing of either the mats or the cloth interior, when you rub against it, it will create a static shock so when you step out of the car and ground your self it discharges.

Static shock. Not continuous. If I sit in the driver's seat (cloth) and really move around in it then get out I can get a really good shock. I have not tried disconnecting the battery at the battery box would take awhile to get to etc. What would this tell me?

I should note that I tried disconnecting the radio from the harness and the shock still occured. It seemed when the harness was plugged in it started to happen.

If it's a static shock I don't think disconnecting the battery would tell you anything, that was more of a suggestion for the continuous voltage.

Not sure where you live but in the winter months when the air gets dry the environment gets more conducive to a static electricity.