AVIC411.com

2007 Avalanche and the AVIC-Z1

Guest eddie0513

Hey emay;

Thanks for the site that has the harnesses and Dash kits. I was looking for them all of the web. I was told by a few places that the kits won't be ready for about another 3 months. Glad I stumbled across this site. I ordered the kits and will have them here on Friday and my installer is installing my AVIC-Z1 into my 07 AV on Saturday. Thanks again for the info. Great job!

eddie0513
QUESTION:

Do I need to purchase the Steering Wheel Audio Module
(SWI-X) from JP CUSTOMS for my 07 Avalanche in order to use the exsisting volume (audio) buttons on my steering wheel when I put the AVIC-Z1 in it?

eddie0513
[quote name="Anonymous"]QUESTION:

Do I need to purchase the Steering Wheel Audio Module
(SWI-X) from JP CUSTOMS for my 07 Avalanche in order to use the exsisting volume (audio) buttons on my steering wheel when I put the AVIC-Z1 in it?

eddie0513[/quote]

Glad I could help eddie -

As for your question about the SWI-x, it will not work. Pac is supposed to be releasing something very slick fairly soon. I heard within a month or two. Since the GMt900 platform is now basically a rolling local area network, the current Swi-x adapter is not capable of working in these vehicles.

The world is changing..
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="quikdub"]i have the PAC unit in my suburban. works great./ I am having some issues witht he flasher. trying to work it out....

i will post pics[/quote]

What is the manufacture date of the Z1? If it's July 06 then try disconnecting the flasher and manually flashing the lights and see if that bypasses the lockouts.
  • 4 weeks later...
I am buy a 2007 Tahoe LTZ this weekend and am trying to figure out which direction to go with NAV. I like the idea of having a stock system and OEM nav, but like the Z1 unit alot and am considering installing one. The question is: what are the shortcomings you have noticed thus far in your avalanche?

If I get OEM NAV in the car and decide to change it, does it make things more challenging?

THanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

Tom
Thanks all for the great information. I have been searching for weeks on this topic. I kept hearing that it wouldnt work. I have ordered the items listed. As are as steering wheel controls are concerned can anyone tell me if these should work so that I can retain that function.
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Steering-Wheel-Control-Pioneer-Sony-NEW_W0QQitemZ170026564410QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Steering ... dZViewItem[/url]

Here is the list of what I need. Let me know if there is something that I missed.

1. Avic-Z1
2. Double Din Kit (JP Customs)
3. On Star Lan Data bus interface (JP Customs)
4. PAC-SWI-PS for Steering wheel control
5. Pioneer IPOD Interface controller

I'm sure I missed something, so if anyone can let me know. Thanks Again.