AVIC411.com

Screen stays on after car is shut off

Hi,

I have a 2005 cobalt ls, recently got the avic d3 installed professionally. But, I notice that the avic d3 does not seem to switch off when you shut down the car. You need to go to go Menu > Off (ie: to turn off nav/radio, etc.), then Menu > Screen Off. But, you can still hear the fan from the d3, and the lights are still illuminated. I have searched the forums, and find a lot of people have the same issue. However, there's been a few that it looks like their avic d3's go off. Is this normal? Will it be using up the battery (ie: anything to worry about)? Is there anything that can be done about it like a switch installed to have the avic d3 switch on or off. After having the factory mp3 player taken out, the unit no longer shuts off once the door is opened? Anyone know what to possibly look for?

Thanks in Advance

DrunknMunkyâ„¢

Yeah. Sounds like your accessory wire is hooked up to a constant power source rather than an ignition switched one. Turning off the audio source and the screen doesn't turn off the unit itself. In fact, there is NO WAY to power off the unit aside from cutting the power to the accessory wire. Bring it back and have them wire it correctly. For no charge, of course. because you already pated them once to do it right. And they didn't do that.