AVIC411.com

ipod touch videos not showing on my d3

There is no new cable coming out anytime soon.

Update your IPOD firmware to the most current version. Make sure your TV OUT is set to ON in your ipod's settings. Plug in your ipod to the CDI200. Press video on your d3 in the top right corner of the ipod screen. Press play on the ipod to start playing whatever movie you want to watch. When it starts playing, unplug the ipod from the CDI200; then plug it back in. You should now have video

If you don't, return your ipod for a 5.5 gen one

• 4 weeks later...

Just for the record, I've heard MANY people list those steps, and they do *not* work.

( They do *not* work for an iPod Touch (firmware 1.1.2) and the AVIC-D3 w/ the CDI200 cable )

I disconnected/reconnected/unplugged/restarted/re-wired, everything.

nothing.

I *did* read another rumor about having to use an apple product between the two - maybe a universal dock? Plug the cord into the dock and dock the iPod Touch in it? Anyone able to try this?

I purchased a new iTouch and it is not compatible for video with the D3. Pioneer was no help on this. So I purchased the apple video cable and patched it into my D3 and it works fine. Pioneer should consider a firmware fix for this problem and train their tech support to not be rude about a real problem!

Apple added the need for an authentication chip, and Pioneer should fix it??? What you need is an apple firmware fix... or swap it for a classic, because my classic works exactly the way I described

I purchased a new iTouch and it is not compatible for video with the D3. Pioneer was no help on this. So I purchased the apple video cable and patched it into my D3 and it works fine. Pioneer should consider a firmware fix for this problem and train their tech support to not be rude about a real problem!

Well yeah, considering the D3 was put out before any of the apple products that have problems interfacing with the D3 were even made. Before the rollout of the ipod classics, ipod touch, and iphone, the D3 was completely compatible with every ipod product on the market. Apple dropped the ball on that one, not pioneer. Apple was just being profit greedy requiring the use of only their adapters with the chips in them for full (or even limited in this case) compatibility with non-apple products.

All this talk made me realize, if pioneer wants the new versions of the iPod to work with the D4/Z3, that means they will have to license the authentication chip from Apple. That means the consumers are gonna be paying more for the D4/Z3. So, I think we can safely say that we're getting screwed either way.

Pioneer should consider a firmware fix for this problem and train their tech support to not be rude about a real problem!

Yea fat chance, they are the worst. I like the way they get offended as if you have no right to suggest that there is a problem with their unit. As if your not qualified to find an issue before they do. And that they will tell you they have "never heard of that problem before".

Apple cables with the chip can be had for what, $50? How much of that are the chip? I would've had no problem paying $50 for the CDI200 cable instead of the $30 that Pioneer charges. I think thats reasonable

All this talk made me realize, if pioneer wants the new versions of the iPod to work with the D4/Z3, that means they will have to license the authentication chip from Apple. That means the consumers are gonna be paying more for the D4/Z3. So, I think we can safely say that we're getting screwed either way.
Greed will eventually be Apple's downfall.

I dont think so. It took over 20 years for that kind of shit to almost kill Microsoft. Apple will change their attitude before that happens. I dont think at this point theirs much stopping them from becoming more successful. Apple is here to stay this time in one way or another.