AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Cadillac CTS Install

I just had a local shop (very good, very good reputation) put a D3 in my wife's 04 CTS. It works very well and looks great in the dash. They could not keep the DIC with the install. Looking at the OE unit that came out, I understand why. I don't know the degree of difficulty doing it yourself, but if you have a good shop do it, you will be happy with the results in a CTS.

• 4 weeks later...

finished mine back in nov, i chose to do most of it myself and not pay someone the rediculous prices ive heard it would take to get it done. 7911213d24.jpg took me almost all weekend to cut out that space and mount the d3, i wanted everything to be cut as perfect as possible, alot of filing to get it smooth ect. i had my buddy who works at a local shop wire it up for it, it was weird because at first, the unit was on all the time even with the key out, so he had to tap into this wire and that wire. another weird thing, is that you can control the volume with the d3 knob, as well as the factory radio knobs as well, and the steering wheel knob still works also. all in all i paid 100 for the metra harness and gave him 60 bucks to wire it for me.

Dont worry about it then.I work at a store that does alot of volume in nav and its been a common problem with some but not all.I have had mine for about a year also and my d3 is fine I was jus giving u the heads up on it if it does tart to happen then u have an idea of what it is thats all.