AVIC411.com

Harddrive

• 2 months later...

Yes, it can be done easily, however you need to use a media player/hard drive such as a Mediagate MG-25 with RCA audio/video outputs. The user interface is built in to the media player and operated by a wireless remote. I have one with a 160GB hard drive and am waiting on the weather to get it installed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the post I am on my way to buy one too.

Any update guys? did it work? Very interested as i thought about this myself.

thanks.

I'm finally getting my system installed. Doing it myself outdoors so I had to wait until the weather got nicer. Should be done later this week.

Thanks for the post I am on my way to buy one too.

Any update guys? did it work? Very interested as i thought about this myself.

thanks.

It's done!!! It works absolutely awesome!!! Highly recommend it! Get yourself a hard drive media player ASAP!

Yes i have to agree I got an IPod and hooked it up with the pioneer box but that sucked so I took it back . I dont suggest to anyone go to FRYS and get a $10 cable that plugs into the brain then it plug into the bottom of the ipod works great never been happier. :lol:

Ive had the AVOX/Mediagate setup for 2 years now and still use it to this day for audio and video. I highly recommend this. And thanks to cntrylvr79 for helping me with the concealed option :)

Find my old posts on this, or hit me up here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey -

I know very little about the Mediagate MG-25, but have been doing some reading and think I understand the premise behind the product. I also gather from the posts that there are N3 users who use this for their Audio and Video.

I'm looking for a way to use some sort of Hard drive device instead of the Map DVD. I travel a lot and listen to a lot of Books on CD... it's a pain in the ass to pull the book CD out in order to map a destination.

any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have all my books on CD on a IPOD classic and it works like a charm on the N4. You can even setup playlists if the chapters don't play in the correct order on the IPOD. When traveling I never have to remove the Nav CD for anything. In addition, the IPOD Classic will allow video so I also have about two dozen different movies on their in MP4 format that can be accessed like a media library. IPOD is definitely the way to go instead of a harddrive. 80 gig IPOD will hold more music, books on disc and movies than you could watch in a month of continous listening.