AVIC411.com

Poor outgoing phone voice volume

Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions to solve this problem.

When I make a phone call using the Z2 I'm told by the other person that my voice volume is very low and that I sound distant

I'm on Sprint using a Samsung model SPH-A900. The Z2 is installed in a FJ Cruiser with the microphone mounted on the A-pillar parallel and about 2 feet from my mouth.

Any way I can increase my voice volume (without screaming) that the other person hears and is there anyway not to sound so distant other than mounting the microphone on the steering wheel which I don't want to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Everyone's BT is like this on the Z1/Z2. I don't think its the phone. My mic is right by my head too in the A-pillar.

I did an experiment where I recorded a voice mail speaking at various volumes and at one point got right up to the mic and spoke loudly.

It still sounded very distant. Audible, but not as clear as I was hoping to be.

Its the AVIC unit, its crapola.

• 1 month later...

do a reset on the avic.....turn both phone's volume and/or BT volume and Avic's phone volume all the way up....then turn the Avic's main volume up...then pair the phone again...

It's the best advice I can give as mine seems nearly perfect after I did those steps...

• 2 weeks later...