AVIC411.com

Looking for pics of a D3 in a 2005 Silverado........

NEWBIE here....

Hope there's some pickup truck drivers amongst this group!! Thinking of buying D3 to install in my 2005 Silverado, but would like to see pictures first...before I make the plunge.

The existing factory system consists of a AM/FM/XM/single CD player with OnStar and steering wheel controls.

Would really appreciate any pics that you might be able to share, along with your evaluation of how the system looks and works.

Thanks in advance....

8)8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres mine in my 03 SS, I have had it in for 2 weeks and its great. Im gonna hook up my backup camera and VSS wire this week, other than that it went in easy as hell. The only problem I had at first was I forgot to hook up the remote wire to turn on the factory amp so my door speakers didnt work, but I figured it out. I also did the bypass mod, and I have the bluetooth adapter and Ipod cable... If you have any questions Id be happy to help

2198570106_e44510b8cc.jpg

Heres what it looks like in the dark, I hooked up the orange Ill. wire like it said but it doesnt dim at night so I have to get back in there and hook it up some other way.

2197780131_e7a2969b27.jpg

hey turbo cop i have a 04 yukon , i got my d3 to dimm at night, this littleside audio shop hooked up the illum. wire into the light switch assembly over by the driver door and i belive u should have auto diming lights, my d3 dimming feature now works with the auto head lights.