AVIC411.com

CD-I200 iPod cable and AV-BUS has same connector?

Yeah, I can't find a better pic of the AV-BUS cable, but I was using the female end of the cable in the pic for comparison.

Here's a diagram of the female end:

ipbus_avbus_pinouts_125.gif

It takes some mental manipulation of the image to compare, but what I see is at the top wide end of that diagram are 2 rows of 4 pins almost but not quite uniform.

Right under that is a row of 3 pins with the leftmost pin slightly inset, a large gap, followed by the 2 other pins.

At the very bottom are 2 pins.

This looks very similar to the CD-I200 pic. The diagram above is the female end.

Yup, that's what my eyes tell me also. I'm curious if anyone here has a shop or spare parts laying around and can tell me for certain.

It would be a lot cheaper of Pioneer to have recycled an existing connector, but sometimes they'll change one little subtle thing to make things 100% incompatible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gnat did you ever get the cable that you needed I bought a av-bus cable but my av-bus input does not come on. I did the mod that you have posted here on this fine forum, I get sound but I get no picture. The cable that I got is CD-AB301E, and it looks to be the correct one but it doesn't turn on the av-bus. I have the pins connected correctly. What do you do with the silver shielding that's inside the cable isn't that a ground or something. I get picture when I connect the osd cable from the 7000tv to my headrest monitor. Can you help me please? Otherwise it's just tv for rear seat passengers. Thanks for being here