AVIC411.com

Am I doing something wrong?

I've come across an annoying issue with my D3 and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I'll enter an address in the D3 and start to follow it. Sometimes it will send me down a street (in this case a canyon) that I do not want to take. So i'll take the canyon I always take, but then i'm stuck with "make a u-turn when possible" every 10 seconds. I'm used to my mom's Lexus (OEM system) where it will just reroute you. I've tried the reroute button, but that doesn't always seem to work.

Another example was when I was on vacation last summer. I was following my mom who was in her car. We weren't sure of the exact way to get to the freeway so I programed the route in her car. I then tried to do it in mine, but could not get the exact same route to our destination. I got what I thought was a similar route and started following her. Somewhere along the way I started getting the "make a u-turn when possible" message. We got to the freeway, and got on. It still kept telling me to make a U-turn and I finally just shut it off. Is this normal behavior? You would think it would notice "I'm on the freeway and reroute me from there, instead of having me go back 20 minutes to go wherever it was telling me to go.

Hifi's response sounds correct.

I've only had mine awhile, but when I take the "Best way" to work because of traffic, it gets all confused, and I have to shut it off.

my buddy has a TomTOm, and he says his just picks a new route and automatically reroutes itself, he's a truck driver, so he can pull off for a restaurant the exit before he needs to get off, and it will route him to his destination thru town or whatever.

i was REALLY expecting the D3 to do that.

I've only had mine awhile, but when I take the "Best way" to work because of traffic, it gets all confused, and I have to shut it off.

my buddy has a TomTOm, and he says his just picks a new route and automatically reroutes itself, he's a truck driver, so he can pull off for a restaurant the exit before he needs to get off, and it will route him to his destination thru town or whatever.

It does do that!!!

It does do that!!!

This sucks, do you think they could fix this with a software upgrade? Are the other AVIC units like this (Z,N,etc)?