AVIC411.com

Green line on my LCD screen! Please help!!!

Guys, I just bought my AVIC-D3 a couple months ago and all of a sudden the other day I look down and noticed a little thin green line that popped up on the far righthand side of the screen. I tried everything with shutting it off and on, changing sources etc.. and the line was still there. Then I went over some bumps on the road and it went away!!!

A couple days later, the line came back, after a bit more vibration driving around, it went away again.

What the heck is doing this! Is something in the LCD screen going bad or is it just picking up interference from something?

Please help me out guys...I don't want to have to send this to Pioneer for diagnostics and be without a radio for who knows how long.

Thanks in advance.

crap, are you serious. I bought this off anther guy and I know he bought it from an authorized dealer back in April, but I am not sure if he still has the receipt. I may have to pay out of pocket for these repairs??!! This is not cool. I hope the guy can find the receipt for his purchase. I wonder how much this repair is liable to cost.

Sounds like a problemw ith the screen itself. If one of the tiny internal traces or a connection on the ribbon cable breaks or goes bad then you get these lines. Happens with everything from laptops to cell phones.

If you have to pay out of pocket I'd just deal with it, maybe try wacking the dash with the side of your fist. After some time it could go away for good if your lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

uhh dont mean to sound sheisty but since pioneer is a piece of crap Ill tell u what I did. Ive done this with the n3 and d3 and prolly gonna do it again cuz after 2-3 months I all of a sudden have this accelerator whine and last time I replaced it, it worked fine. What I did was buy one from the store like best buy, circuit city. Very carefully, I peeled the serial sticker off of both of them. You might have to heat it up with a blow dryer if its kind of old. The new one should be easy. U then put the new serial on the old unit and voila u got yourself a new radio. I wouldnt normally tell anyone this but it gets aggravating when there wiring keeps failing. I know for a fact its that cuz my buddy hooked the n2 up and had to ground that thing too after having a working jensen dvd unit with no problems. Good Luck.