AVIC411.com

D3 hiss hissing whine Help!!

Do you have weird hissing with your D3?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have weird hissing with your D3?

• Yes
    • No

I've been looking but couldn't find any help for this on the site..

I've been trying to stop the "hiss" when my D3 is attempting to give me directions. After I put a destination into the system, and when it attempts to give me directions, I hear a 3 second "hiss" I've already turned down my "Guidance Volume" and "Beep" and turned off the "Guidance" but still this damn unit keeps reminding me that it wants to tell me something with a loud hiss. I thought it used to be the DVD reading the directions, but the noise still is there even when I removed the DVD and it goes into memory navi mode. It' has something to do with the Guidance..

My current set-up is through a Bose System through the stock amps...and seems to be grounded perfectly. I just have this rediculous hiss everytime i program a destination. Can someone help? It's almost so bad I want to return the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I took it back to Circuit City already and of course they don't know what the cause is. I should mention that the radio is refurbished...i wonder if that has anything to do with it, but i've read about this problem with people who dont' have refurbished products...

I think it has to do with the bose system/adaptor vs. the unit.

• 3 weeks later...

If they are hooking up the amplified leads from the D3 to the Bose amp, you will get the hiss. You would also be unable to turn the volume past 10 or so.

I had that issue when I installed the D3 in my 350z, with the Bose system. What you need is hook up the RCAs to the Bose amp, or the amplified leads directly to the speakers.

By the way, in my case the hiss stopped, but now I get a constant whine that is not RPM dependent, but is low enough that you can't hear when playing music.

I originally got the 7550 harness, not realizing that it was nota pplicable to the Bose units. When I found out the problem, I just welded RCAs tot he harness, and plugged those to the RCA outputs. With just about any source, turn the volume to 40 and it's plenty loud.

Now, the only issue is the low whine, and the fact that the Audiopilot kicks in and I just don't know how to turn that off now that the original HU is out of the car!