AVIC411.com

Gripe about Z1 day/night settings

Hello Alll, I have a Z1,

Here in Seattle, we get alot of rain, so I end up turning on my foglights during a rainy day to help out with vision.

I don't turn on my headlights fully cause they are HID's and are too bright for the day.

I wish there was a separate brightness setting for bypassed day mode. Because its too dim in terms of brightness cause its reading off the night settings.

Does any one else have this issue as well?

Yeah, its a pain having to

1) Switch from Automatic to Day mode

2) Then , adjust the brightness all the way high

I guess, my problem would be solved if, once you hit the Day setting, the unit would automatically adjust the brightness to high as well.

BTW, its raining in Seattle right now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found a quick fix for this. Sorry for the lack of detail but my truck is in the shop so I can't tell you exactly which buttons but I will get you close.

While lights are on and view is dim, just hit the up arrow (located bottom right of the touch screen) to get the icon popups. One of them as I recall on the left side gives you day brilliance during lights on operations. I could give you specifics if I had my vehicle.

This works great for me.

post-429-12872753470507_thumb.jpg

I found a quick fix for this. Sorry for the lack of detail but my truck is in the shop so I can't tell you exactly which buttons but I will get you close.

While lights are on and view is dim, just hit the up arrow (located bottom right of the touch screen) to get the icon popups. One of them as I recall on the left side gives you day brilliance during lights on operations. I could give you specifics if I had my vehicle.

This works great for me.

Yeah, thank, I know that button already.

It switches the navi from night mode to day mode when you lights are on.

The problem is not the display of night/day, but the BRIGHTNESS.

If the Z1/Z2 had a separate brightness setting for which when the headlights are on , and in DAY mode, this would solve my problem.

But instead, I have to adjust the brightness all the way up every time.

Hello Alll, I have a Z1,

Here in Seattle, we get alot of rain, so I end up turning on my foglights during a rainy day to help out with vision.

I don't turn on my headlights fully cause they are HID's and are too bright for the day.

I wish there was a separate brightness setting for bypassed day mode. Because its too dim in terms of brightness cause its reading off the night settings.

Does any one else have this issue as well?

I just put a switch in the Z1 illumination wire....

when switch is off, unit won't react to light switch and remains in daytime setting. When on, dims with lightswitch..

Is your dimmer connection reversed? Does the Avic brighten up when you dim your car's dimmer?

I actually did it reverse on purpose. Cause I found the Avic to be too bright at night, and I like to see my truck's cluster. So when I put my truck's dimmer at full bright, the Avic dims. If that makes sense...

http://flemdawg.com/Movies2/Dimmer.wmv

^^

No the ill wire is hooked up normally.

1) Daytime= like it at highest dimmer

2) Nighttime= like it at a lower dimmer setting,

3) Daytime but with fog or with rain (seattle)= like it at highest dimmer, but I turn on my foglights and the avic switches to night time setting cause my lights are on.

I switch the map from the night to day mode so the map is lightly colored, however the dimmer is still at night mode.

Solution

I think to solve this, all pioneer has to do is keep a separate memory setting for this, when the user turns on his headlights, and switches from night mode to day mode on the map, it should have a separate set of dimmer memory.

So in my case, the dimmer would increase to the highest setting.

Or a neat idea would be is to have it set by time. so like from 7AM to 5PM it would be at highest brightness regardless of whether your headlights or on or off.