AVIC411.com

Options for back up cameras?

I use the Boyo frame that got carried over from my last system that the D3 replaced.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iagn5XcTb9 ... =707VTL200

I didn't have a good spot to mount a camera so went this route instead.

The daytime quality is good.. night time is lacking though.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good night time option.. I'll be interested in hearing.

I use a cheapo version of this one off eBay, only without the infrared. I didn't use the license plate pieces, instead I fabricated my own mounting bracket out of some sheet metal. The camera itself isn't that bad during the day, but lacks w/o the infrared at night. This is the 2nd camera I have used. The first was a keyhole style I mounted in a reverse lens. I don't see any need to spend the money Pioneer wants for their camera. Plus, the Pioneer unit is too big to mount in a decent spot and be half way inconspicuous.

I'm going with the Boyo, VTL 400

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

I think that most importantly you would want to go with a CCD rather than a CMOS...... I have this one for sale, brand new, still in the box, I just ordered it and decided after receiving it to go with the Boyo instead.

If interested PM me.....

Backup "Wide Angle" Rear View CCD Camera w/Night Vision

Reverse Image - 1.25" Size - Reverse Image

110 degree Lens for Exceptionally Wide View

"CCD Camera"

"CCD Camera"

Regular Price $119.95

BuyNow $69.95

Why a CCD Camera?

CCD and CMOS imagers were both invented in the late 1960s and 1970s (DALSA founder and CEO Dr. Savvas Chamberlain was a pioneer in developing both technologies). CCD became the preferred and dominant technology, primarily because it gave far superior imaging results.

Most of the cameras that are sold on eBay are CMOS cameras. CCD Cameras are usually twice the price and the pictures are up to 10 times clearer, brighter and more colorful.

Perfect solution to solve the lack of rear view visibility on your car, boat,

trailer, camper, truck.

Don't put your vehicle in reverse until you know - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - it is "perfectly clear behind you."

Hard to Find This camera is not easily available from local stores.

It works color during the daytime turns turns to black/white infra red night vision automatically at dusk or darkness.

It is very light weight, waterproof, and easily installed,

It has low power consumption and no maintenance is required.

Do you have your car monitor already ?

Here is the great opportunity to get your backup view solution.

It works on any TFT or LCD car monitor in your vehicle

(We sell LCD monitors in our eBay Store)

Important Features

CCD Camera with 1/3" Sharp Image Sensor for exceptional clarity and color.

Excellent picture quality for "both" Day (Color) & Night (Black/Write)

- 110 degree field of vision

Built-in CDS sensor activates the color camera, when daytime or when light is present

Auto switches to activate the Black/White mode deploying all 9 infrared LED illuminators when there is not enough visible light

Displays a reversed camera image on the monitor to duplicate the normal view seen in a rear view mirror

For RV, truck, bus, van, camper, motor home, large boat, airplane, or any vehicle that has no rear-view mirror, blind spots or poor rear vision

Connect to any type of monitor with a composite yellow RCA jack for crystal clear viewing.

See children playing in your blind spots. Watch your horses in the trailer, as you drive

Has a flush fit. Adjustable to different angles by removing angled rings

Water resistant , Hard metal casing , Small compact size , Low power consumption

High sensitivity, Low maintenance

Easy as 1-2-3 to install and operate, just takes less than 5 minutes to get a system up and running

DO-it-yourself to build your own Car Rear View Color Camera system

As a must for private investigators and law enforcement agencies for surveillance and video monitoring

Key Specifications

CCD Camera - 1/3" Sharp CCD Image Sensor

Viewing angle: 110 degrees

Standard RCA video output

Weather and Water Resistant - Hard metal casing

Effective range in darkness (0-lux): Approximately 10 - 18 feet

Diameter 1.25 inch

TV system: NTSC or PAL - depends on country

(We know the right standard to ship for your country)

Effective pixels: 628 x 582 pixels (PAL), 510 x 492 pixels NTSC)

Resolution: 420 TV lines

Vertical sync frequency: 50 Hz (PAL), 60 Hz (NTSC)

Minimum illumination: 0 Lux

Infra Red LEDs: 9

Displays a reversed camera image on the monitor to duplicate the

normal view seen in a rear-view mirror

Current consumption: MAX 50mA

Operating temperature: -30 degree to 120 degree Fahrenheit, RH 95% Max

Lens: 2.8 mm. Lens angle: 110 degree

Power supply: DC 12v

Dimensions: 1.25 inch x 2 inch (D x L) (31.75mm x 5.08mm)

Weight: 75g

Easy to Install It is easy to install the camera. Just plug RCA Video Jack onto your car monitor, and connect 12volt (Red wire) and Ground (Black) to the power. That's it. Do-it-Yourself.

Cables Uses standard RCA power/video cables available at ANY electronics supply store.

Reverse Image (Mirror Image) You can see the object in same direction as you see with your eyes.

Waterproof This Camera comes with quality compact metal housing

Small Size One of smallest and most compact on the market designed for car rear view camera

Crystal Clear & 110 degree wide viewing angle for Safety Backup of SUV, JEEP, VAN, Boat, Pickup and Sedan as well.

Infra Red Night Vision It turns automatically night vision black and white when it becomes dark.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the one I got in the pic up there^^^- I havent finished installing it yet but I hooked it up to the TV in my living room and a 12v battery and the picture on it is pretty good. The connector for the red power plug is an "M" adapter, and radio shack sells that and a power/ground pigtail to go off the other end of it to hook it up easily. I paid like $60 on ebay for it

I have an audio vox licence plate camera that you can get at best buy for 130 bucks. It works pretty good. It also has a bypass on it that will allow you reverse the image. I lot of camera's will be reversed when you plug them into the avic. It took only a few mintues to install. Wiring is really really easy. To flip the imgane image so it is correct on this camera. Just pull the cicuit thing where you connect the wires together. Just get it and it will make sense.

I use the Boyo frame that got carried over from my last system that the D3 replaced.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iagn5XcTb9 ... =707VTL200

I didn't have a good spot to mount a camera so went this route instead.

The daytime quality is good.. night time is lacking though.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good night time option.. I'll be interested in hearing.

I have the Kenwood rearview camera. Works great at night, and has a really wide angle view.