AVIC411.com

Why does inserting SD card into AVIC seem to kill it?

Hi Mr. Bonee!  I do not think a password would help me, my card reader does not recognize the SD card when I put it in, Windows keeps asking for it.  I do want to thank whoever put up a thing called AVIC.img on Google drive.  I had a time downloading it! I tried direct download and got a redirect warning, then tried a decrypting download but after it was decrypted and I tried to download the page said it was too big.  So I tried the decrypt again and when it was finished I right clicked the encrypted 3 gig file and it came into my computer slick as a whistle.  I wrote the image file onto a 16 gig TF in an SD adapter and stuck it into my AVIC-5100 and voila! It was working again, but there was this VW hubcap thing on the screen.  Then I downgraded the firmware from this 1.6 I think it was to 1.11 which I guess was the last official Pioneer firmware.  I still had the hubcap but I was able to find the picture I was used to.

I know I bumbled my way through this and I owe my success to what I picked up stumbling through this site that I am very grateful for. The whole thing started because I bought a map update off Ebay and the seller never gave me instructions and still has not.  I tried putting the USB drive I received into the unit to see if it would auto installed and this is where I pulled my bloomer.  When the radio rebooted I had the file error screen.  So thanks to all those who made my radio work again. 

I now have two SD cards that Windows won't see in the reader.  By what method and means would I apply this password if my computer won't even recognize that the card is in the reader?  Will the card reader see the card under Unix?  Is there a Unix environment that runs on windows so I can access the card if indeed Unix will?  Is the password applied through the testmode program?  If so is there a quick start on using testmode?  I just want my cards back.  Knowledge is a fine thing to have, it has far greater value when it is shared.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2023 at 6:54 AM, bonee said:

What is the SD Card password?

A: LKPFeD4BcVzESR2Y

Thats the old password. It doesn't work anymore.

**correction, that password doesn't work on some models anymore

On 7/24/2023 at 7:43 PM, bozclowne said:

I now have two SD cards that Windows won't see in the reader.  By what method and means would I apply this password if my computer won't even recognize that the card is in the reader?  Will the card reader see the card under Unix?  Is there a Unix environment that runs on windows so I can access the card if indeed Unix will?  Is the password applied through the testmode program?  If so is there a quick start on using testmode?  I just want my cards back.  Knowledge is a fine thing to have, it has far greater value when it is shared.

There is no way to do this on windows or any sort of VM.

You need Linux with a patched kernel that allows you to execute a special command called CMD42 that locks and unlocks and can erase SD cards.

You also need the right hardware. You have to have a built-in SD card reader that connects to your motherboard via a PCI bridge, not USB bridge. Thats why a USB adapter won't work.