AVIC411.com

Iphone not working for ipod connection

On my z2 I have the ipod interface and its not working for my Iphone. It worked the other day, since then i have loaded a lot of music on it so i can use it with the avic. when i hook it up the phone says not a compatible device, then ask if i want to go to airplane mode. I hope i can get this working cause thats alot of music and i want to listen to it. thanks

So far both the 4900 and the 5900 I have sold with the iPod cable CD-i200 will charge the iPhone as well. I have a 4900 in my demo wall, and I use it to charge my phone while I'm at work. Now keep in mind these are just the cd receivers, not the indash dvd players. But I would assume that it would work the same. I think I have tried it on the Z1, but can't accurately remember

yes, can i sync without messing with the music? just do contacts and photos. if i sync the music it takes a while, i have like 1000 songs on it. anyways still learning how to use it and the z2

I don't think so....I think you'll have to "re-sync" everything...I haven't tried yet, but the latest version of Itunes is suppose to let you sync up individual songs to your current Iphone music library...again..I haven't tried, so I don't know....

Honestly, I wouldn't hate the Iphone so much, had I not have to deal with Itunes... My major issue is that Itunes has like 3 different services that fire up, when you first boot your computer....or even log in...their software does not yield to anything else(like core stuff)....they take priority on everything....where-as Microsoft's media player does not fire but one service, which is the media sharing service(WMplayer11) and it's nice.....and waits for all the core services to fire first...

Poor-poor design/development.....even alot of MAC users hate it...

I use up nearly all the space on my Iphone(8 gigs) and it takes about 2 hours to sync.... I move nearly twice as much to a USB hard drive, in less than 20 minutes...

???

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 iphones and each has a different firmware.

1.1.1 everything works, I think I noticed sometimes it will charge, sometimes it won't.. Will look more into it.

1.1.3 connects but wont list any songs.. Not sure about the charging.

There are to many variables with the 2 phones for me to say anything specific. It could be an update broke the connection, it could be the way the songs were loaded on, etc...

I will try to troubleshoot more and figure out why things do what they do....

The iphone connecting using bluetooth works good (1.1.1 iphone) never tryed with the new 1.1.3. You CANNOT send your contacts/phonebook to the z2 using the iphone.

If anyone has any questions pm me or post it here, i am thinking about getting a faq together once I get some down time..

I've had the Iphone from day one, and each firmware version has worked great(charging too)..including 1.1.3

My guess is that it has something to do with the way your music is sync'ed....I don't mess with playlist, and just put all my music in a single folder(in Itunes), and sync that folder...

And contacts have to been entered manually. Sucks...

I am in the process of redoing the 1.1.3 phone now, will update one I load my songs..

Dawgbone,

are you using a mac or pc?

what version of itunes?

hacked/modded/jailbroken phone?

how many songs/videos/space used?

I'm using 32bit Vista Ultimate

Latest version of Itunes

virgin Iphone

currently I'm supposedly syncing 1956 songs and one video that reads 417MB

Although I don't think that the Iphone is syncing all 1956 songs because it doesn't seem like 1956 songs on the Iphone, and I think my Z2 says some 900 something(I'll have to check when I get home)...