AVIC411.com

Ipod Classic Firmware 1.1

Man this is really bad. When are they going to get it together and get this issue fixed. Apple says it is not them, Pioneer says it is not them. I fear that this feature will just not ever be possible with the new ipods. Oh well, I guess that I will continue to stay away from buying one for now.

Man this is really bad. When are they going to get it together and get this issue fixed. Apple says it is not them, Pioneer says it is not them. I fear that this feature will just not ever be possible with the new ipods. Oh well, I guess that I will continue to stay away from buying one for now.

It's 100% Apple. These ipods weren't out when the D3 was made. It was made to work with the last generation ipods. It's not Pioneer's fault Apple turned even douchier and decided to require an authentication chip to be able to use video output on it's new models.

Your absolutely right in fact what apple did was release a firmware to allow users to use it without a chip because there sales were horrible for the classic . Once sales picked back up they stuck it to us. Good thing I was able to downgrade because my local apple store was going to have me in there going total ape sh**

its pretty simple its Pioneer's issue to fix, there have been a few updates since 1.01/1.02 and pioneer is capable of releasing updates for compatibility but i havent seen any.

It's 100% Apple. These ipods weren't out when the D3 was made. It was made to work with the last generation ipods. It's not Pioneer's fault Apple turned even douchier and decided to require an authentication chip to be able to use video output on it's new models.

even if apple decided to throw in authentication later on for their ipods its still in pioneers court to do a firmware update, the auth procedures have been out since before the release of the devices back in Q3 of 2007 so Pioneer has had several months to work around this and since the ipod feature is probably their mostly hyped feature ide expect them to be right on it. And if there isnt a software work around for this then pioneer should have thought twice before making the ipod adapter internal.

WRONG.

ao your saying that apple shouldnt put in encryption for their new video rental service and should stick to their old fimrware simply because last years product doesnt work with the latest apple ipod and its firmware? its obvious pioneer shares as much blaim as apple, i dislike apple as much as the next guy but this doesnt count as a "100% apple's problem"

What makes you think a firmware fix will take care of it? There is physically an authentication chip in all Apple cables that tell the ipod to output video. If they didn't give (sell?) Pioneer chips a year ago, or whenever the cables were produced, how can you blame Pioneer for their cables not having the chips?