AVIC411.com

How Much Should Installion Cost?

$330 sounds about right for a Best Buy installing the unit, bluetooth, and ipod cable. Is that a good price? No, not really. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to do it yourself, but if you don't have any experience with wiring up car electronics, you don't really have a choice. You might want to try calling around to some shops that specialize in car audio installations and getting a quote from them. It might save you some money.

in that case do it your self theres plenty here that can help you with it. Plus it's a nice easy truck to do. The install price though is about right for what they charge.

$120 - Scosche Interface harness

$21 - AI Dash kit

$15 - Antenna Adapter

$150 - Navi install

~$30 - BT install

Those are based on when I worked there 2 years ago. IF you want to do it yourself here's what you want

GMOS-01 - Harness for Non-Blose radio

GMOS-04 - Harness for the Blose radio

The nice part about those 2 pieces is that they give you vss, reverse, and parking brake at the radio harness.

40-GM10 - Antenna Adapter

95-2003 - Dash kit

You will have to cut a small amount of plastic behind the radio to get it to fit.

Sounds about right. Be carefull finding a cheap price, and then having small shops "oops, you need this and that too" after you get there.

You can always skip the module if you do not have bose, but you would lose door chime and retained accesory power. Some shops will qoute that way also to bring down the price. Be sure to ask about the chime module when getting qoutes.

$180 plus parts sounds about right... that's why I usually do the installation myself.

Try pulling up in an expensive car and see what they say. The first shop I went to wanted $350 plus parts after I told him it was going into a Corvette. On the phone I just told him it was a Chevy and the price quote was $150 plus parts.