AVIC411.com

hack done by installer

No, we can't tell you what he did wrong, because we can't see what he did.

He didn't do it right. There's only 3 steps. Do them right and it will work.

1. Move mute wire to the open slot above it.

2. Ground said mute wire.

3. Ground parking brake wire.

I had my D3 installed and left him with a sheet of paper that had how to do the hack on it. One of the stickies I printed out.

Anyway, whenever I hit like 15mph the unit goes back to being useless, as in without the hack.

anybody know what they did wrong?

I know what happened, because i did the same thing. He didn't relocate the mute pin before he grounded it. (step 1 on HiFiSi's post above) He just grounded the actual mute wire. Otherwise everything else is correct.

If im correct, you should be getting a little message (if you are playing video) that tells you its not legal to drive and watch videos at the same time (or something to that nature)

• 2 weeks later...

i say u take a look at the back he might have ignored what you told him because when i was doing mine i had issues.i was breaking my head because i had bought it used and the person before me had already done the bypass and didnt know while i was breaking my head trying to figure out why it kept muting 24/7. finally decided to switch the mute wire back to where it was and wala. because before it would drive like one day without complaining and then out of nowhere tell me i couldnt watch it while driving, and ur parking break is not connected properly, but yea i suggest you just check the connection he probably didnt do anything because they profit off doing the bypass, he was probably told not to do it.

I only get it when I am in video viewing mode when the d3 starts up. Do most get it when the nav starts up no matter the mode?

No, he meant when Nav starts up. Some leave it on all the time so it will be the first warning you see. If you don't use nav when you're driving, it won't show. I agree it's a PITA, but I deal with it.