AVIC411.com

Bluetooth adapter ETA

Yah, I have a V710 too. And usually the best you get from Verizon bluetooth is handsfree protocol and the Dial up networking protocol. But the phone can transfer your address book via the DUN protocol. Most things just aren't smart enough to do it. My Parrot CK3100 is. It will transfer the address book automatically from my V710. I have yet to try pushing one address at a time to the Z1.
Guest Mrbrent
Is there a manual available for the bluetooth adaptor? I was wondering if Pioneer did testing on certain phones and provide a list of tested ones. I have a friend that has a TOM TOM I think it was that uses bluttooth for something and the phones that it supported was very limited. I have a Rim Blackberry 7100 that I'm hoping would work. I haven't purchased the Z1 yet but will be soon. Just doing my pre purchase reasearch.
Greg
I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't be of much help. But lets say you pull up your phonebook in the phone you have a list (Alex, Alice, etc.) If I go down to Alice and hit view, it is displaying all the info for her. If I hit the middle button right below my screen (the logo is four horizontal dashes and the first one is longer than the other three), it brings up what is called phonebook menu. It then says all the options (new, edit, delete, send message, categories, hide id, show id, add digits, attach number, copy, phone capacity, sim capacity, talk then fax, setup, copy all text, and finally SEND.) Send is what you want after you have hit read business card on your Z1.

[quote name="KBryan"]My phone is an E815 Motorola. When you say "hit menu" do you mean go to the contacts in your phone book? Also, when you say "scroll down to send", mine just has a send button. Maybe I'm missing something.

If I go to my contacts and highlight one and hit send it calls the person since the bluetooth is disconnected at that point. At least it says its disconnecting so it can copy the phone book. Maybe I'm just having a bad week, but I can seem to get it to work.

Any ideas???

[quote name="whtcrxghst"]I think you can only transfer one entry at a time. I sync'd up the Z1 with my razr. Then go to the Z1 phone menu and hit 'read business card.' Went into the phonebook on my phone and did each person one at a time. On my phone, I went to each phone book entry I wanted in the Z1, hit the menu button on the phone, and then scrolled down to 'send.' It then sends the info to the Z1 through bluetooth.

[quote name="KBryan"]Mine works great too. The echo is noticable to the caller, but they say it isn't that bad. The clarity through the speakers is probably the best part of it.

The phone book transfer looks like its gonna be a trick to figure out. I use a Motorola E815, and after an hour and a half, I gave up. The unit says to send the data from the phone, but there isn't a way to do it that I can see. Anyone have any luck with theirs???[/quote][/quote][/quote]
There is a firmware hack for Verizon Razor V3c to fully enable Bluetooth (OBEX,OPP). This may help with the phonebook transfer. I think there is also a similiar hack for E815, search Howardforums.com

Warning: Hacking your firmware will void the warranty and there is a slight chance your phone will be useless if you don't follow the directions explicitly.

[url=http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorola/index.php/Motorola_V3c_Tutorial:_Flashing_to_Alltel_User_Interface]http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorola/i ... _Interface[/url]
I appreciate the info.....but I have no "send" in my menu. No hide ID or show ID either.

[quote name="whtcrxghst"]I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't be of much help. But lets say you pull up your phonebook in the phone you have a list (Alex, Alice, etc.) If I go down to Alice and hit view, it is displaying all the info for her. If I hit the middle button right below my screen (the logo is four horizontal dashes and the first one is longer than the other three), it brings up what is called phonebook menu. It then says all the options (new, edit, delete, send message, categories, hide id, show id, add digits, attach number, copy, phone capacity, sim capacity, talk then fax, setup, copy all text, and finally SEND.) Send is what you want after you have hit read business card on your Z1.

[quote name="KBryan"]My phone is an E815 Motorola. When you say "hit menu" do you mean go to the contacts in your phone book? Also, when you say "scroll down to send", mine just has a send button. Maybe I'm missing something.

If I go to my contacts and highlight one and hit send it calls the person since the bluetooth is disconnected at that point. At least it says its disconnecting so it can copy the phone book. Maybe I'm just having a bad week, but I can seem to get it to work.

Any ideas???

[quote name="whtcrxghst"]I think you can only transfer one entry at a time. I sync'd up the Z1 with my razr. Then go to the Z1 phone menu and hit 'read business card.' Went into the phonebook on my phone and did each person one at a time. On my phone, I went to each phone book entry I wanted in the Z1, hit the menu button on the phone, and then scrolled down to 'send.' It then sends the info to the Z1 through bluetooth.

[quote name="KBryan"]Mine works great too. The echo is noticable to the caller, but they say it isn't that bad. The clarity through the speakers is probably the best part of it.

The phone book transfer looks like its gonna be a trick to figure out. I use a Motorola E815, and after an hour and a half, I gave up. The unit says to send the data from the phone, but there isn't a way to do it that I can see. Anyone have any luck with theirs???[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Forgot to sign in. Any other ideas?? Thanks again!!!

[quote name="Anonymous"]I appreciate the info.....but I have no "send" in my menu. No hide ID or show ID either.

[quote name="whtcrxghst"]I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't be of much help. But lets say you pull up your phonebook in the phone you have a list (Alex, Alice, etc.) If I go down to Alice and hit view, it is displaying all the info for her. If I hit the middle button right below my screen (the logo is four horizontal dashes and the first one is longer than the other three), it brings up what is called phonebook menu. It then says all the options (new, edit, delete, send message, categories, hide id, show id, add digits, attach number, copy, phone capacity, sim capacity, talk then fax, setup, copy all text, and finally SEND.) Send is what you want after you have hit read business card on your Z1.

Any ideas???

The phone book transfer looks like its gonna be a trick to figure out. I use a Motorola E815, and after an hour and a half, I gave up. The unit says to send the data from the phone, but there isn't a way to do it that I can see. Anyone have any luck with theirs???[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
I have a Motorola V3 Razr and I also have verizon, how does one go about "massaging" it to unlock all bluetooth functions?

~WW

[quote name="NYRngrs24"]if you have Verizon, you *may* have issues, I know Verizon disable alot of feature of blue tooth on my phone. V710. I dont have the Z1, but Ive tried other blue tooth things, for example communicating with my computer, Ill i can get blue tooth to do is headset, and internet. you can hack it to enable everything, but tis a process[/quote]
I am wondering the same thing about using my Blackberry 7250 with the Z1...anyone tried this yet or find any resources that speak to this? I will be getting my entire package (Z1 with iPod, bluetooth, and XM radio modules, and the rear-camera) installed into my 06 Trailblazer SS in the next couple of weeks (Z1 was just released finally in Canada)....PLUS my order for Steve's Z1 headlight-flashing unit...should be a great overall a/v experience. Anything on bluetooth Z1 and blackberry...let me know. Thanks
[quote name="zakpeters"]I am wondering the same thing about using my Blackberry 7250 with the Z1...anyone tried this yet or find any resources that speak to this? I will be getting my entire package (Z1 with iPod, bluetooth, and XM radio modules, and the rear-camera) installed into my 06 Trailblazer SS in the next couple of weeks (Z1 was just released finally in Canada)....PLUS my order for Steve's Z1 headlight-flashing unit...should be a great overall a/v experience. Anything on bluetooth Z1 and blackberry...let me know. Thanks[/quote]

It depends on what phone company you are with. RIM releases new software fairly quickly but ultimately it's up to the phone company to release it since they have to support the new software.

Software releas 4.1 (I think it's 4.1 anyway) fully unlocks bluetooth features such as phone book transfer. This was initially left out for security reasons but I guess RIM realized people want this and added it in 4.1. But companies like Cingular have still not released 4.1 to the public for their BB badged phones.

Anyway, I set a BB up for a friend of mine in his lexus. The lexus has no option to manually add phone #'s so I put his phone #'s in my RAZR, transferred them to his car then paired his BB to the car. The BB does the handsfree thing fine it just seems to be limited on the phone book transfers without 4.1. If you have a friend on the same phone company with a sim card phone you can do what I mentioned above to transfer your phonebook if 4.1 isn't available to you yet.
  • 2 weeks later...