AVIC411.com

Difference in sound levels, radio vs iPod

Well if you're using an external amp, turn up the level so the FX/XM is at the volume level you want the system to be at. Then switch to the ipod source, Use the SLA (source level attenuation) to turn down the ipod source to match the other audio sources.

If you're not using an amp, there's not really anything you can do to make the D3 any louder. But the SLA thing mentioned above will at least balance it so all the audio sources are at the same volume level.

Yes, I have tried adjusting the EQ. This weekend I am going to pull the head unit out and verify that I have the remote turn on wire connected to turn the amp on instead of the power antenna wire. Not sure that it matters, but I need to do something. When I first got the stereo, I recieved the wrong GMOS adaptor. The stereo worked, but my OnStar didn't. When I had that set up, the stereo would run you out of the truck. Now it won't.

Yeah, do the source level adjustments, but you'll need to go backward with the iPod SLA...down to the lowest negative setting. You cannot adjust the radio to be higher...that's the comparative threshold for the unit. You'll also need to adjust any other sources as well.

Yes, I have tried adjusting the EQ. This weekend I am going to pull the head unit out and verify that I have the remote turn on wire connected to turn the amp on instead of the power antenna wire. Not sure that it matters, but I need to do something..

I'm sure HiFiSi will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can switch this on the D3 via the user interface (settings) instead of rmoving the the unit from your dash. Check your manual.