AVIC411.com

rear view mirror?

LOLOL!! :lol:

I hear ya man, i have the same problem. Its especially bad during the warm summer months when the plastic is all soft from the sunlight.

I tip ive heard, but never tried, is putting some clear nail polish around the swivel. Its not like crazy glue, but should hold up for some thumping. Makes sense in theory, but not sure what kind of affect it will have on the plastic after time.... or if it even really works!!

Lemme know how it goes

what did that pic have to do with anything?? :?

He's just trying to show us where he thinks his mirror is going to fall off and break his D3. nevermind the fact that this thread is about the mirror rotating down, not falling off. nail polish will NOT keep your mirror from falling off the windshield. :lol:

Hopefully not another case of "stereo worth more than the car"

See, now he's gone and thrown a curveball to everyone with that picture.

Naw dude, the original poster was asking about securing the mirror so it doesnt move when his subs are pounding bass.

And judging by the dash in the above pic, the car doesnt look older than 5 years anyway....

Im just sayin

Who cares if the mirror moves? if the bass is hitting hard enough, you can't see out of the mirror anyways. no matter what position it is in. (I can still remeber the high school days when I had four 12's in my Blazer)

yeah the mirror doesnt fall off, it just shakes and moves down to im looking at my backseats. i didnt buy the sub so i couldn turn the bass down :) and i drive an 04 impala ss, so im doin alright. the nail polish didnt do the trick after a song or two it shook right out of place, ill try some silicone in the near future. and here is what im workin with.

post-16007-12872753862227_thumb.jpg

post-16007-12872753863577_thumb.jpg