AVIC411.com

New Z1/No Bypass

[b]wow.[/b].. just guys scared the hell out of me for a sec there.... since I just [b]received my unit back from pioneer[/b] (was on repair, after 12 hours of been bought) and I was not able to do the flash hack all this afternoon flashing my lights like crazy....... as soon as I saw this post I ran with my laptop to the car to test it.....

[b]I worked![/b] ... the problem was that I was not letting the lights on for a couple of seconds then turning them off while the boot screen... ( I was only flashing them with the High beams..)
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Snake"]There is no update on the Z1's and there will not be one for quite some time.

Duc's chip works great and if it don't... then most likelly it's an install problem and nothing else.

Please do us all a favor and stop spreading rumors about new versions or updates.

Find a better installer or try to install it yourself and it will work.[/quote]

Well first off I have confirmed with 3 new units that it is not an install problem and I am not spreding rumors or saying that ducati boy's chips do not work because I have installed at least 9 of them on the z1's. I am just trying to figure out if any one else has had any bypass probs with the most recent batch of units. I have sold and installed at least 35 Z1's at my shop and I think that my Nav sales will fall if this is going to be the issue.
I was just talking to an installer who verified my circuit worked on the bench but he couldn't get the flashing to work when he was manually doing it by just shorting the ILL wire to 12V.

I told him to go through the different levels of reset procedures (modes 1 - 4) and see if that did anything, but he was having trouble and verified that the version is 1.000 and the manufacture date was from last month.

Anyone know anybody in pioneer we can ask?
Well, it seems like they must have changed them during July. I'm swapping my July unit for one made in June and I'll let you know what happens. I guess no one's going to be doing any SW upgrades when Pioneer comes out with them.
[quote name="tdizzle"]I was about to buy a Z1, but I'm not going to spend $2 Grand on a crippled unit. Maybe a loss to other brands will influence Pioneer, or maybe they don't really care?[/quote]

I would be surprised if they would care. We could always try calling tech support and see if we can get any confirmation or anything about this situation.
Calling tech support would be futile. Before deciding on the Z1 I was going to order the D2 from Crutchfield due to the $900 worth of freebies with the purchase, but I wanted to know about Bluetooth. Contacted Pioneer tech support 3 times. Got 3 different answers from 3 different reps. Two said you could use Bluetooth with the D2 (not the module for the Z1 but the older module, the BTB100), one was adamant you couldn't. When I forwarded their e-mails to each other all three still insisted they were correct!!!!!

So, if their tech support reps can't even agree on whether or not the D2 supports Bluetooth, and won't even contact each other to discuss it, I doubt you will get a straight answer on this. And if you do, you can't trust it anyway.
OK Guys,

Here's some key information. I swapped my July unit out with a June unit, just unplugged one and plugged in the other and the override works fine. They clearly changed it sometime in July. Hopefully, someone will discover the latest bypass and Ducattiboy can find an automated way to implement it.
I wonder if they've just changed the timing? This is a huge mistake on their part if they've locked this out. Their sales are going in the toilet. Furthermore, I may be selling mine if I can't ever update it without fear of losing that feature. It has to be there. How do they get past Marine installs?
Pioneer would not change the easy bypass just for the hell of it. There are liability issues and since just about every unit got bypassed it was like they never put in the safety lock-out in the first place. In the US this means that the Lawyers are ligning up to hold Pioneer liable when there is any kind of an accident involving a bypassed Z1.

Pioneer making it easy for Customers to watch movies while driving is not a case that can be won in court!

Look for the fixed bypass to be some place other than in the part of the software that is updated from time to time (after all the software# didn't change) and if I'm right then all existing bypassed units are good for life even after updates. :lol:

On the other hand there is probably a good reason for making it possible to by-pass the units and therefore even the newest units should be able to be bypassed ..... but not as easily as before. The latest D2s can probably still be bypassed since it involves more than just flashing the headlights. (Maybe the new Z1s can now be bypassed the same way the D1 and D2 can?)

The latest way for bypassing can not be optained from Pioneer US or Canada. Dealers in Countries, where there is no liabitlity issues, will probably have the info.
I can understand not allowing the unit to play a DVD while the car is in motion but why would they disable the phone and navigation features since they are most valuable while moving? Are they going to disable being able to change radio stations next since that too takes your eyes off the road.
[quote name="jfisher"]I can understand not allowing the unit to play a DVD while the car is in motion but why would they disable the phone and navigation features since they are most valuable while moving? Are they going to disable being able to change radio stations next since that too takes your eyes off the road.[/quote]
Huh?? Wait till you get a Z1 installed and you'll see that most of the navigation features work without a bypass, including voice commands for picking destinations.
I don't have my phone tied in with the Z1 but can guarantee you that it'll work just fine too. :roll: