AVIC411.com

Help Bypass and CC guys

Hey guys, I recently had a D3 installed. It was working great (bypass) until I asked them to install a bluetooth adapter kit. Now bypass doesn't work right. I am taking the car back this week, they said they need a few hours to work with it. What should I tell them to do, and also, what do I tell them about the day/night mode not working? I have a 4runner with daytime running lights, but that shouldn't matter right? I still have to turn on the dash lights.

Thanks

Mo

I'm guessing they did not hook up the illum wire to your HVAC controls. Seeing how inept they seem to be, I would think they just forgot.

Regarding the GPS issue, it's possible they did not fully seat the plug for the antenna. I know mine doesn't like to stick very well for some reason. Aside from that, the D3 has technology built in that should correct the "off road" errors and place you on the nearest street...so this shouldn't happen anyway.

I know it's usually only the bad you hear about places like CC and BB, but i wonder if they're really that bad :? It seems for every one that says they had no problem, I read two that say they screwed something up. I'm just glad I have a little bit of experience with this stuff. I can't imagine having paid $200 to install my $900 worth of equipment, although when the SWC's don't work, I'd like to have had someone else to yell at besides myself. :roll:

Yeah, I posted my review on CNET. And I would highly recommend you not get any thing from Circuit City! This has been absoultely one of the worse experiences, and for the amount I am paying. I wish I knew more about car electronics, because I would have done it myself, in fact, it may have been fun.. but I trusted these guys. I even tipped them after they finished the job.

Circuit City in general is bad. I remember waiting around just to pay for a univeral remote for 30 minutes, because everyone was just standing around, but not at the cash register. I don't see them being around for too much longer. Worse customer service ever.

Oh, and I also remember a time, when I found what I wanted, went up to the cash register, and they said I had to go find another one, because it wouldn't show up when they scanned it. They wanted me to walk all the way to the other side of the store to get another one to see if it would ring up. I refused and I told them, for proper customer service, they should go get it. So they did.. what a bunch of lazy fools.

Haha

I know it's usually only the bad you hear about places like CC and BB, but i wonder if they're really that bad :? It seems for every one that says they had no problem, I read two that say they screwed something up. I'm just glad I have a little bit of experience with this stuff. I can't imagine having paid $200 to install my $900 worth of equipment, although when the SWC's don't work, I'd like to have had someone else to yell at besides myself. :roll:

Depends alot on the installer. I've met some extremely talented box installers, and some that I wouldn't trust working replacing a fuse. The same however is true with indy shops. It's all about the installer and whether they take pride in their work.

How true, how true. I left CC after being there for 18 months, because I was tired of being "constrained" on what cars I could work on! The last straw was when I had a 2002 Mustang GT up on jackstands running a new power wire through the fenderwells when a "corprate" guy walks in, has a fit, gets my manager and wants no part of a car jacked up in "his" install bay to do the work propperly! By the way, that Mustang was mine, and I was clocked out.

My brother in law was a road shop manager at CC. He actually does decent work, but his employees suck. I let them do a Audiovox DVD system in a Navigator I had. What a mess, there were gaps between the console and the headliner, the whole console rattled, was crooked and mounted wrong, missing screws, etc. I had to get them to order me a new mounting kit and I reinstalled it myself. That was the last time they touched anything I own. My brother in law is now a store manager.