AVIC411.com

Next Street Display

One thing I really liked about my garmin unit was that it displayed the next street you were coming to as you drove. I noticed that the Z1 just displays the current street that ur on and only displays the next street during routing directions.

Is there a way to have the Z1 display the next street ur approaching instead of the current one ur driving on?
I'm not sure how we have my wife's Z1 programmed, but it ALWAYS displays the next street...and the direction of the turn. That is one huge benefit of this unit to my factory Acura unit. On the Acura, you have to hit a "list" button to see it until you're within a 1/4 mile.
I know the Z1 shows you the next street when you have a route programed in but what I want is the unit to show me the next street when I dont have anything being routed.

My Garmin displays the next street you are approaching as you driving just while it is in the normal map mode. It is very useful if you know where you are going but cant really see the street signs due to darkness.

Does anyone know if the Z1 will do the same thing? Ill I can see is that it displays the street and city you are in but doesnt state the next street approaching. You have to have the map zoomed in and read the street name off the map display (if its there). I would just like to look down and see the next street printed on the bottom line of the display.
It will only give you the next street if you created a destination. General map view will not give you the next street. Not sure what the advantage is for having the name of the next street unless you are lost but at that point I would think you would have established a destination.
I can see the next street without a route programmed by looking at the map. But it can't be a minor street through a subdivision. It needs to be more of a major artery. I haven't tried zooming the scale in to see if it will show the names of the minor streets.