AVIC411.com

Difficulty of setting up bypass for D-3X after install?

Hello,

I want to get the D3X installed in a 2006 Infiniti G35. I found a shop who said they will install it for a reasonable price, but due to potential liability, they will not do the bypass. They said they will tell me how I can do it on my own, but that's as far as they'll go.

I know almost nothing about car stereo modifications, but I can figure things out, and I can get some help if I need. Looking at the stickies it looks like all of the bypass guides assume you have yet to start the install.

Well if the unit is already installed, will I be able to make the necessary bypass with reasonable difficulty? I thought maybe offering to come by the shop and do the bypass itself if they walked me through it.

Is it something I could do on my own after the install in

Thank you in advance.

The hardest part of doing it will probably be disassembling the dash to remove the unit. And that's not even all that hard.

I'll ask the installer on Monday when they open, but do most installers typically install the processing unit inside the dash?

I used to have an AVIC N-1 in a different car, and the installer put that unit underneath the passenger side seat.

I did see the 30,000 guides on here on how to do the mod pre-install, and they look simple enough so even someone with no experience like me could probably do it. I'm just concerned that doing it afterwards would be almost like re-installing it.

Since the D3 is a double din unit, everything is included in one part because there's room for it. There is no separate processing unit, or hideaway control module, or whatever you want to call it. It's basically the same install as a car stereo.

The way I see it, if they are going to tell you how to do the mod, then they might as well do it. "Uh, mr Judge sir, I was shown by the shop that installed my Avic, how to make it play video while moving." If it wasan't for them I would never have crashed my car while watching (insert movie title here). If they are truly trying to avaoid liability, they should tell you it can't be done.

The way I see it, if they are going to tell you how to do the mod, then they might as well do it. "Uh, mr Judge sir, I was shown by the shop that installed my Avic, how to make it play video while moving." If it wasan't for them I would never have crashed my car while watching (insert movie title here). If they are truly trying to avaoid liability, they should tell you it can't be done.

It's still up to the owner to decide whether they will do it or not. The installer being liable for telling him how is just silly.

That's like getting arrested for snorting cocaine or shooting somebody and saying it's not your fault because you saw somebody do it in a movie.

By your logic this site is breaking the law as well for having instructions on how to do the bypass.

If the shop wants to be legally clean on paper, I have to respect that.

I'm going to ask if they'll let me do the necessary pre-install modification before they do the install.

Based on what you guys have said, it sounds like it'll be a lot of work to fix it afterwards. Definitely more than the 15-20 minutes I thought it'd be.

So it looks like what I can do before they do the install is:

Swap the mute wire.

Connect the mute wire and brake wire to the black ground wire.

Give them the unit.

And then it's a matter of letting them attach the ground wire to the wire in the harness, or some piece of steel.

That's like getting arrested for snorting cocaine or shooting somebody and saying it's not your fault because you saw somebody do it in a movie.

quote]

No, that would be like busting the crack dealer that sold u the crack. They sold it to you, not injected it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

but once you move the pin, how do you ground it and the parking wire? Right now, the parking wire is connected, so when you lift the handbrake, the other functions show up in the NAV area.

So I have to disconnect anything as a result?

Paul