AVIC411.com

General moan & groan

so... why can't I search addresses in Manhattan? Manhattan doesn't really show up in the destination input screens.... yet, when I am in Manhattan, it displays : Street Name (Manhattan(New York))

.... it's pretty frustrating that it's easier to google map an address before hand than using the Nav itself...

other than the Manhattan issue... nothing much else.

Though I have to wonder, after I input the house number, it defaults to street name.... I find that annoying, since I have to press an extra button to search by city first. Annoying compared to my S-1.

...that's my rant right now

GT17V,

I feel your frustration and recently said the hell with the D3 in favor of the Alpine W205. The D3 is an awesome unit EXCEPT for Navigation and IPod useability. I started a new thread a few days ago called Getting rid of D3 for Alpine W205. Also, if you do a search on this board for routing, you will find a many people who are less than impressed with Pioneers attempt to provide a navigation that actually NAVIGATES!

GT17V,

I feel your frustration and recently said the hell with the D3 in favor of the Alpine W205. The D3 is an awesome unit EXCEPT for Navigation and IPod useability. I started a new thread a few days ago called Getting rid of D3 for Alpine W205. Also, if you do a search on this board for routing, you will find a many people who are less than impressed with Pioneers attempt to provide a navigation that actually NAVIGATES!

what ipod problems? the video thing with 6G ipods? or something else?

My only complaint is that it doesn't dispense bacon out of the DVD slot. That would be sweeeeet.

Some people are never satisfied!!! :P

But since we are making wish lists, why not dispense a naked woman out the DVD slot holding a strip of bacon?

they must be anorexic to fit the dvd slot

My only complaint is that it doesn't dispense bacon out of the DVD slot. That would be sweeeeet.

Some people are never satisfied!!! :P

But since we are making wish lists, why not dispense a naked woman out the DVD slot holding a strip of bacon?

they must be anorexic to fit the dvd slot

...or inflatable :lol: