AVIC411.com

Is there anyway to strap down the avic-d3?

There is a screw hole in the back. I believe it is a 5mm hole. You could use metal strapping tape (plumber's tape) and attach it to the chassis. But as the guy above said, if they really want it, they will get it. Make sure your insurance covers theft and vandalism.

There is a screw hole in the back. I believe it is a 5mm hole. You could use metal strapping tape (plumber's tape) and attach it to the chassis. But as the guy above said, if they really want it, they will get it. Make sure your insurance covers theft and vandalism.

Like jaedee said, just make sure your insurance covers it. Making it really hard to steal might actually cause the potential theif to cause more damage to your dash if they get pissed, annoyed, or just try really hard to get it out. They will just try to rip it out anyway they can.

My neighbour said his brother had his deck stolen before, so he welded razor blades where you need to stick your hand in to yank out the new deck. He came back to his car one day to find blood all over the place and his car totally trashed. Either way you lose.